2005 Infiniti FX35 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

401k spent!
By ham

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle with 21k miles. I've owned it for 2 weeks now and my wife and i constantly fight who's driving while doing errands. I was between this car and the Rx330. The lexus was a bit too plush for my tastes. I like road feel and aggressive excelleration! After my wife test drove both vehicles, it was obvious which car to get. But i do admit, the interior is a bit nicer in the Lexus, but the fx dominates in all other aspects! Ive driven the whole lexus line, bmws, mercedes, porsche, acura, and a few infiniti's. And must say this car has a great feel and is extremely solid! I get excited everytime i walk up to the driver door with my keys!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the exterior style, powerful 280hp engine, memory seats, 20 inch wheels, adjustable steering wheel, firm suspension.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car got a bit better gas mileage. I average approx 15 miles per gallon with 70% city and 30% highway driving. I also with the breaks were stronger. In the other infinitis ive drive they felt very firm and solid. Going down a steep grade hill, it takes alot of effort to stop this tank!

Content as hell
By Jobu

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Period. Has no trunk but I knew that when I got it. Let alone sport suspension, standard suspension is bumpy - but if you test drive, easy to see that. I average 19 MPG combined city+highway. Highway actually close to 25 so I am not complaining - it is higher than I expected. Sole grumpy point is that you can't play MP3s in the CD drive. Why why why?!!!

Favorite Features

Look and feel. Rear camera (city parallel parking is easy!), Keyless entry is great, one really cool thing is that you can't lock in your keys! Sound system (I know, lame) is way too cool. Kicks.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player. How can you people forget to do that? No Bluetooth but they tell me 2006 has it.

Superbly engineered
By izbod

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded to the FX from a '03 Murano. It is a pleasure to drive. Very nimble and quick, yet rugged and stable. Looks sexy, sleek lines. I love walking up to it everytime.

Favorite Features

Intelligent Key (key just needs to be on you), Bluetooth handsfree, powerful engine & growl, Bose audio, Sport Suspension & 20" rims, intelligent cruise, intelligent AWD, rearview camera, navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the dash lights. A lil more rear and cargo space would be nice. Navigation should be standard.

Buy a used rental FX
By mmeehan

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from Enterprise with 23K miles. It has never given me a day of trouble. It makes my daily commute enjoyable. In fact, I miss it when my wife takes it to work.

Wow, A Brave Car to Build
By john

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm just turning in a 2 year old FX and wanted to share a comment or two. This will be a great used car. Reliabilty has been OUTSTANDING. The quality of the leather doesn't quite match the Lexus I've owned, but, in every other respect, the mechanical quality has been great, and, this is a hoot to drive. Style cramps the trunk a bit, but, it is a distinctive design among all the look-alikes. Gas economy was 16-18 mpg: not great, but, this car is very, very, fast. I know Infiniti has made a few minor improvements, but, the electronics on the car are also best in class. This has been a very good experience.

Favorite Features

Looks, navi w/camera, sound system. Awesome brakes and great engine. I think this car is a better alternative to the Porsche Cayenne.

Suggested Improvements

A little less engine noise would be an improvement, most passengers did not enjoy the race car sounds. Aluminum trim on center console dents & looks a little cold and industrial.

From Z to SUV
By Will Jansen

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a 350Z, one of the first G35's and now and FX35. All have been really fun to drive and been very reliable. The FX is a great size and a fun car both around town and on the highway. You hardly feel it shift and yet you can get out of the way of trouble when needed.

Favorite Features

Style, performance and overall road feel.

Suggested Improvements

Soften the suspension just a little.

Awesome vehicle
By astateu

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 9 months now and can't say enough good things about it. It's fun to drive, has good acceleration, has a fantastic bose stereo and is one of the coolest designed cars on the road. The front seats are some of the best I've ever sat in, with bolsters that hold you tight. Head room is good for tall people (I'm 6'3"), which is hard to find these days.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive Cool looks Great seats Bose Stereo one-touch windows and sunroof

Suggested Improvements

eliminate blind spots and this car will be perfect.

Not your average box on wheels
By Crossovered

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent styling, reliability, handling. If you like driving, like sporty cars but hate the fact that these cars can go under rigs, and do not need lots of cargo room, this is a good option. Drove rx330, MDX (no German or Sweedish SUVs because of lousy reliability) - and the FX won by a mile.

Favorite Features

Handling. Great engine mated to a good transmission. Very plush seats. Love the 20in wheels.

Suggested Improvements

- cooled seats (important in South) - better speaker placement - make wind deflector (sunroof) standard - seat heater buttons can be better

My 3rd SUV...Better than the X3
By KTA

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car used (20,000 miles) in an "As New" condition...I wanted the space of the SUV/SAV cofiguration w/o the traditional truck chassis and inherent ride issues. I am truly amazed a the success of the "crossover" concept. The FX35 handles extremely well. While not quite the equal of my BMW 3 series coupe, it's acually very CLOSE! The seats and creature comforts are superior in evry respect.Great Car! I paid $27,000...saved almost $14,000.

Favorite Features

Seats, Acceleration/Engine responsiveness and Visibility

Suggested Improvements

None worth mentioning...

Surprisingly Disappointed :(
By Disappointed

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look - and you won't see many of these on the road! However, don't buy on this alone (like I did). Caution if you get motion sickness easily! I've owned mine a week now, and unfortunately I was ready to take it back after 1 day. For those who don't know what a stiff ride/tight suspension means, pay attention to the way this vehicle rides - even the tar lines on roads feel like big bumps. On some roads with multiple repairs I actually feel like my eyes are bouncing - making it not only uncomfortable but annoying. Also, make sure you consider the seating. I ache when I get out - both my back and seat; and I'm a healthy woman with no aches/pains - until I drive in this seat.

Favorite Features

Accelerates well, and handles better at higher speeds. Sporty look. My daughter likes the back seating the best of all vehicles we tested.

Suggested Improvements

Bumpy, harsh ride! Driver's seat (despite all the great gadgets for adjusting the seat, it never feels just right).