Used 2005 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti Fx35 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Infiniti FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

$ for $ could not be happier
By Ron Smith

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have tested ALL SUVs and crossovers. I have been a mechanical eng for 30 years. When I researched this FX and drove it, I was sold on the spot. Every day I drive it I like even more. I am probably the pickiest person when it comes to spending $. I just want what I pay for. I felt this was the only SUV that gave me that feeling and still does. Quality from back to front and top to bottom. It just came down to how much quality do you want for your money.

Favorite Features

Everything, style, ride sound system . Exhaust sound, performance, gas mileage, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Ok brushed aluminum? This SUV deserves much better, maybe I'll send it in to be chromed.

Love It!
By Safiya7

2005 Infiniti FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my FX35 used in 2007, I had been wanting one for a least a year but was torn between the FX35 and the VW Toureg. Well I made the right choice I have fallen in love with this car. Coming from a VW beetle a 4-cyl to a powerful V6 was an adjustment when it came to the extra power. This car gives you the best of everything it rides smooth like a luxury car but has that size of an SUV. My fiance' and I took it on a trip to Las Vegas and it did great.

Favorite Features

Design of the exterior and interior room. Love the sound of the exhaust!

Suggested Improvements

The rear window is tiny but fits well with the overall look of the car. I do not like the brushed silver moldings they scratch easily.

My first luxury vehicle
By Tesa

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a Honda Accord but wanted a vehicle that would give me more room and a classy look. I never expected to purchase the FX35 but after viewing the ivory pearl color and test driving, I immediately feel in love. This car is a real head turner and I've gotten so many compliments on its design. I have plenty of leg room and its fun to drive.

Favorite Features

I love the memory seats, technology package, homelink, rear view camera and headlights. Each day I find out something new. I love my car!!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, navigation touch screen and wood grain interior

Car of My Dreams
By thomas

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an fx35 a while ago and absolutely loved this vehicle. It gives you the feel of a high powered sports car. I recieved compliments everywhere I went. I would recommend this car to people who love making a statement. Only bad downfall is not a very kid friendly car.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel adjuster, sound system, memory seats, too much more to list.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Excellent car
By Mike

2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very capable car, particularly if you like a more sporty feel, but also want comfort. Although the sport ride is stiff, on longer journeys I don't find the car tiring. On twisty roads it's a lot of fun - my only dislike is the manual gearbox mode which often refuses to shift. At 6'5" there are not many cars I find comfortable, but the FX is great for the taller driver, even with the sunroof. I really enjoy the different look of this car. If only it had a few improvements to the drivetrain. Having said that, I would buy another one, only it would have to be the V8. The V6 is a great engine but still too puny for this heavy car.

Favorite Features

The sporty driving experience and styling. An SUV you can actually enjoy driving and walk up to in the parking lot without wishing it was something else!

Suggested Improvements

It's about time the unreponsive manual mode Infiniti gearbox was improved. (Supposed to be a sports car?) Really frustrating to brake into a bend and have the gearbox refuse to downshift. Gearing is very tall, 0-60 is much slower than it could be! BMW is way ahead here and have been for years.