Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

WELL SATISFIED - WAY TO GO HYUNDAI
By John

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2008 Veracruz SE (with Power & Leather Package) about two weeks ago and LOVE IT! Bought the Titanium Blue with Gray leather interior. VERY NICE! My wife and I are extremely pleased with our new Veracruz. We love the heated seats, XM radio, power sunroof, power liftgate & backup sensors. I am impressed on how smooth the vehicle rides and there is no outside wind noise. The Veracruz is FUN to drive and has alot of "get up and go" under the hood. I am averaging about 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The ShiftTronic transmission feature is very nice and comes in handy when driving on step upgrades. A little disappointed that the SE model doesn't have memory seats

Favorite Features

Power sunroof, XM radio, backup sensors, heated seats, fold away rear seating, auto dimming mirrors, homelink transceiver, 6 disc in dash CD.

Suggested Improvements

More interior and exterior color choices. The Limited only comes with beige or black saddle leather seating. No black or gray leather available on the Limited model, which I really wanted instead of the SE. Need the option of memory seating, power foot pedals & dual air controls on SE model.

Good Car for less money
By mike

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Seems like a good vehicle. We have driven just a few 100 miles, but so far so good. Decent mileage, very good comfort, attractive looks.

Favorite Features

leather seats good stereo system style

Suggested Improvements

integrated bluetooth

Pleasant Surprise
By bayarea

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first non-Toyota/Honda vehicle and I was pleasantly surprised that my Hyundai Veracruz is such a great vehicle. I have had it for 8 months now and I am very satisfied with it. The ride quality is excellent and very smooth. Handles like a car on curves. In normal commute I get about 20 mpg on average, although I have even got up to 25 mpg on the I-5 from sf to la. The interior design is very thoughtful and practical. Very comfortable seating. No mechanical problems so far after 10k of driving. I paid about $4000 less than what I would have paid for a comparable Toyota highlander.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Rear camera can be made an optional feature as it can be difficult sometime when reversing. But that was a problem with all the SUVs I have seen.

From Honda to Hyundai
By Bornitetx

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

When the family grew it was time to get into the SUV market...never thought I would have purchased a Hyundai...but glad I did!! I was always a loyal Honda diver..but the Pilot did not compare to the Veracruz (price/warranty/amenities. So far smooth diving and no complaints other than gas mileage could be better but since this is my 1st suv, I expected this to change. I enjoy all the luxury items at a great price that was better than the CX-9, Highlander, and Pilot. I would highly recommend this vehicle. I like having a nice quiet comfortable ride on long trips and this car pampers you, and yes as it has been compared to the Lexus 350 it is much less expensive and still has that luxury feel!!

Favorite Features

Auto Dimming mirrors, auto tailgate, tire pressure monitoring system, backup warning system, smooth quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

better fuel economy, quicker 0-60, MP3 port.