2004 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
2004 hyundai Sante Fe paint problems
By lorie920 on 09/14/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it new in 2004. It has plenty of room for passengers and plenty of cargo room. The car has great power on take off. The biggest issue I have is they use bad paint. These hyundai's are peeling and fading. This in itself is why I won't buy the new 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe.

What A Lemon!!!!!! I will never own another Hyundai
By kylemack on 11/07/12 08:28 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 3 transmissions replaced, timing belt, power window motors replaces... and not to mention all the cheap little plastic parts braking and cheap chrome pealing off. Not only does this tin can want to make me never own another hyundia agian but makes me want to just ride a bike. OH And The Side airbag went off while i was driving down the road, no accident or anything. I called hyundai and they said it would all be out of my pocket to fix and that I should call my insurance and insurance said they cant do anything about it because there was no accident. Hyundai support was a bunch of run arounds and not helpful at all. I will never buy another Hyundai. What a money pit!

2004 Hyundai sante fe
By guccigirl on 01/05/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everyones reviews about new cars, guess what, mine has 165 thou miles, never had a problem! LOVE LOVE LOVE MY HYUNDAI! Fabulous stereo! Only complaints, wish it had better gas mileage, have to change transmission fluid every 30 thou miles. I really love this car. will drive it to death, it also really holds its value!

just put in gas and go.
By Bob on 01/13/05 15:15 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6 ft. tall and have lots of room to be comfortable. Works fine but have not had it long. Moved jack handle off jack and not a rattle or squeak since. If it stays this way can't ask for any better. One very small crab....mileage indicator hard to read in daytime.

Solid Vehicle for the Price
By gunlockjs on 01/05/05 19:24 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Sante Fe is well equipped for the price and a good bargain. With the 3.5 V6, it has adequate power for hills and interstate driving. I test drove the smaller engines and recommend the 3.5 V6. The initial check of gas mileage was 21mpg @ 75mph on interstate driving. We bought the Sante Fe for my wife to drive to work in northern Minnesota and it works well in bad weather, handling 6 inches of fresh snow with no trouble.

Hyundai still surprises me
By snowman_201 on 01/03/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Hyundai's so far. I keep waiting for something bad to happen to them like everyone wants. All I know is this, I buy them because of their ausume warranties and never have to take them in... It's crazy, I've owned Lincolns, Cadillacs, even a 328 BMW. The only vechicle that can compare to the quality of my Hyundai are my Toyotas. Reliability the same, great, but Toyota quality still tops the list with Lexus. But, my Tundra 4 door 4x4 cost almost twice what my wife's Santa Fe cost.... You do the math.....

The Hyundai Santa Fe 2004
By Joe Bertino on 12/10/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent! Rides like a car (on the Sonata body). Love the color choices, great pick up. Gas mileage is 19-21 (highway and city combined). Sun roof is good (makes a bit of noise completely open, leave about 1 inch of it showing). Moon roof great. Sound system excellent. Overall, I love this SUV (I have owned Explorers and cherokees, this is the most comfortable).

g4newkjhgkgn4pewytre
By fancy pantseys on 11/12/04 18:46 PM (PST)

it is a cool sporty car that any body ages 16-50 can drive

Transmission Design Error
By TraniLeak on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When my husband decided to purchase this vehicle I was a little scepticle. We have had nothing but transmission leaking from this new car. As soon as I saw it I took it to the dealer and they stated there was no leak. So the very next day, the leak appeared and it got worse and worse. So now we are back at the dealership for the third time. I found out from reliable sources that there is a design flaw but I know no one is going to fess up to a flaw. I am very disappointed. Signed, Still Leaking with pictures and all.

SANTA FE
By MR JOHN on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my santa fe 3 months.I have the 4 wheel drive 3.5L.Has good power and pick up. Great S.U.V for the money. I would say test drive this baby before u buy any S.U.V. Have had no problems thus far.900 miles and counting.

1 2 3 4 5 next »