2011 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:
Outstanding car and value
By scuff on 01/28/12 14:06 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I found, to my surprise, that I really like the forward looking camera. The ride and comfort are very good. Quiet and lots of conveniences. Could do without the ashtrays and would like a bit more storage in front. Auto closing trunk is great. I drove LS 460s for 20 years but could not turn down the fabulous value of the Equus. I'm not sorry I switched. I didn't feel I needed the 5 liter engine or 8 speed thansmission. I don't. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. It is a great machine and the service at the dealer has been very good so far.

2011 Ultimate review - Great Job Hyundai!
By jfortino on 12/27/11 08:49 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 Lexus, 2 Acura, Lincoln Navigator and am turning in my Jaguar XF Premium Lease. I have test drove many cars looking for a premium luxury sedan. I took a chance on the Equus after researching for over 2 months and a number of test drives. After taking delivery and putting on 1000 miles - I am stunned at the quality of the vehicle. I was very unsure of my decision to move on a Hyundai, but relied on many of the reviews here and other places. The fit and finish is superb, and contrary to most professional reviews, the exterior of the vehicle is very sharp - I have already had a number of people asking me about the vehicle at a gas station and restaurant! Great job Hyundai!

A lot of car for the money
By gwpetersburg on 12/24/11 00:17 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We were looking for a little higher level of luxury and comfort than our 2006 Infiniti M35. We weren't personally drawn to Mercedes, BMW, Audi, or Jaguar. As Infiniti and Lexus owners we test-drove the M37, the LS460. But after driving the Equus, it was our favorite.

An outstanding car at an ordinary price
By fastmarty on 10/12/11 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We have had our Hyundai Equus Signature Sedan now for several weeks. It is an outstanding large luxury car at the price of an intermediate size premium car. The car is silky smooth and quiet in all driving modes and is a joy to drive. The interior is exceedingly comfortable, and the fit and finish is superb. Our only complaint is the rather pedestrian looking exterior styling.

Great value, but you get what you pay for...
By kpsocal on 10/08/11 18:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Ultimate Edition for 6 months now. It drives very nice, has lots of power and is very smooth. This car is an excellent value for the money. However, let's not get carried away. There is a clear difference between the quality of this vehicle and the German luxury sedans. I am starting to experience some shakes and rattles after only 6 months. Also, the iPod interface and Navigation system have some issues. Also, don't expect a world class service experience at the dealership. When I complained about my problems, they returned the car without saying anything and writing on the service ticket "functioning as intended". I wish I had more room to tell you the whole story.

Unbelievable Car
By tgxx on 08/12/11 16:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I smell a rat on these posts,...someone had the gall to rate this car in the 3 star range. This car is truly unbelievable! Let me set the scene,...I walk into the Hyundai show room looking to test drive a few Hyundai products, and out of the corner of my eye I see a gentleman relaxing quite comfortably in the back seat of this beautiful large sedan. Having test driven the Genesis a year ago (not enough headroom for me) I recall thinking, Hmm this is not a Genesis (too big) and begin to investigate this beautiful beast. Within the next 30 min. I completely forget about owning my former dream car (BMW 7 series). No other car on the mkt today surpasses the quality/luxury/value...Period!

GREAT CAR. BETTER THAN S CLASS!
By stimpack on 06/04/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Our family owned various German luxury vehicles past years. The common thing about those is poor reliability, and constant break down. Lexus? quite reliable, but not worth the $$$ you spend. (still way better than broken German) The quality of the vehicle is just Great. Better than Lexus, BMW, and Benz. Better ride, better standard equipment, Luxurious Trimming, and features. and save $40,000. Valet service is amazing. I don't have to at the service center all day and lose time and $$$ as I did with the German cars. The ego of Luxury Car dealers is just too high for me. You know, you have to please them to get the service. My advice is, if you want a luxury, and feel good, buy it!

Amazing car & incredible price
By phil109 on 04/02/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was on my way to buy another S class Mercedes when I hear about the Equus. Try one signature then bought an Ultimate two days after. The car had all details and options you can find on a Mercedes or Bmw, but more convenient, more smooth and more useful, all for a better price. Driving this car is as easy as possible, my only concern will be braking distances who tend to be a little bit longer than on my previous car. I was stunned by the 5y/60.000 miles valet service/maintenance program, a big change from the $400 Mercedes oil change. My local Mercedes dealer have mostly arrogants sales people, I was treated in a better way when I bought the Equus.

Hyundai Equus Signature
By clingenpeel on 03/22/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I took delivery of My Signature On Jan 7. It has been a great car to drive. On a trip over the mountains it got 23.3 on regular.b On a trip over flat terrain it go 27,6 mpg. To all the biychers out there, my other car is a Mercedes S Class. The ammenities are the same except the Equus does not have a power trunk lid or automatic door closers. I feel like I just saved $40000

Excellent value for the price, amazing deal
By sushibricks on 03/10/11 09:33 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Family recently purchased the car. We've seen the previous generation Equus and saw how popular it was in Korea and decided to give this newer Equus model a try. Two words: Amazing improvement. This model cannot be compared with the previous models. The interior design improved greatly, in fact, Im actually pretty satisfied with the interior improvement. There's even a fridge! The rear seats have plenty of space, they definitely added more space back there because the previous models were a bit uncomfortable if u were in the back seat. Car is very quiet, has plenty of power. If you need a car similar to BMW 7, Benz S Class, or Lexus at a much cheaper price, then this car's the way to go

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Equus in VA is:

$137 per month*