Used 2011 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:
2011 Equus - sudden acceleration
By equus2011 on 04/15/15 17:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Equus in May 2011 as brand new car in Toronto, Canada. I had been very happy with it until its sudden acceleration happened in August 2014. I took it back to the dealership to check for the problem but they couldn't find anything. It happened again twice in the evening of April 2, 2015 but the engineer and technician from Hyundai Canada couldn't find anything wrong again. I don't feel safe to drive it so I traded it for a Genesis Ultimate. I only put in about 52,000KM to the Equus but the trade in value is not good at all. I have no choice as the trade in amount would be even lower if I traded it at the dealership of another brand.

I traded a BMW 745i for the 2011 Equus
By peteranger on 11/12/14 11:28 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After looking at luxury sedans for about a year, I traded my Bimmer for the Equus without a second thought. The Equus was the first car I got into for a test ride that I felt was more comfortable than the 745. It uses regular gas, gets comparable mileage, is as quiet, comfortable and well equipped as the 745i - for 10s of thousands less. Add the superior warranty and valet service (I haven't been to the dealer for service in nearly 4 years!) Only two demerits: less than stellar iPod implementation (on an otherwise outstanding audio system) and handling that's more boat like than Bimmerish. I'll keep the 2011 until Hyundai delivers an AWD Equus.

Class
By livi on 09/20/14 19:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My Equus Ultimate is one of the nicest cars I've owned. Quiet, handles well and very nice design. Had the S Class Mercedes but stepped out of the box for the Equus. People said "skeptical paying that for a Hyundai" but after riding in it and enjoying the amenities, nothing else said. Case closed. One guy stopped who had a Rolls Royce said he was considering buying an Equus. People often ask what is it (wing emblem on hood) and "heard about it, nice car." I have not been disappointed. It is truly a very nice car and the Equus Connect customer service is top notch, every question answered and any concern taken care of immediately. Love my Equus -- class extraordinaire.

2011 Equus Ultimate IS Just That...
By bsdtwd on 09/18/14 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Recently a purchased 2011 Equus Ultimate with 40k miles. Pearl White with cashmere leather. Amenities too numerous to list. Super quiet, the design is fantastic and turns heads due to it's rarity on the road. No complaints. Adaptive cruise and lane departure system work flawlessly. The Lexicon Sound is unmatched. Save $20-30,000 by indulging yourself with a fine Equus with an engine that will go forever. No timing belts or broken engine mounts like MB or Audi.

Equus Ultimate trumps S600 or 750
By bsdtwd on 09/12/14 19:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Yes it's a Hyundai! The best part is the $20000 or more you get to keep in your pocket when you choose this fine car. Front/ Rear camera's, Adaptive cruise, Alcantara head liner, powered sun shades all around, a refrigerator, recliner and a LCD screen in back. Not to mention a remote for the reclining, vibrating, heated and cooled rear passenger seat. 1000 pounds lighter makes a big difference too. 28 MPG on highway!

Outstanding car and value
By scuff on 01/28/12 14:06 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I found, to my surprise, that I really like the forward looking camera. The ride and comfort are very good. Quiet and lots of conveniences. Could do without the ashtrays and would like a bit more storage in front. Auto closing trunk is great. I drove LS 460s for 20 years but could not turn down the fabulous value of the Equus. I'm not sorry I switched. I didn't feel I needed the 5 liter engine or 8 speed thansmission. I don't. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. It is a great machine and the service at the dealer has been very good so far.

2011 Ultimate review - Great Job Hyundai!
By jfortino on 12/27/11 08:49 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 2 Lexus, 2 Acura, Lincoln Navigator and am turning in my Jaguar XF Premium Lease. I have test drove many cars looking for a premium luxury sedan. I took a chance on the Equus after researching for over 2 months and a number of test drives. After taking delivery and putting on 1000 miles - I am stunned at the quality of the vehicle. I was very unsure of my decision to move on a Hyundai, but relied on many of the reviews here and other places. The fit and finish is superb, and contrary to most professional reviews, the exterior of the vehicle is very sharp - I have already had a number of people asking me about the vehicle at a gas station and restaurant! Great job Hyundai!

A lot of car for the money
By gwpetersburg on 12/24/11 00:17 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We were looking for a little higher level of luxury and comfort than our 2006 Infiniti M35. We weren't personally drawn to Mercedes, BMW, Audi, or Jaguar. As Infiniti and Lexus owners we test-drove the M37, the LS460. But after driving the Equus, it was our favorite.

An outstanding car at an ordinary price
By fastmarty on 10/12/11 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We have had our Hyundai Equus Signature Sedan now for several weeks. It is an outstanding large luxury car at the price of an intermediate size premium car. The car is silky smooth and quiet in all driving modes and is a joy to drive. The interior is exceedingly comfortable, and the fit and finish is superb. Our only complaint is the rather pedestrian looking exterior styling.

Great value, but you get what you pay for...
By kpsocal on 10/08/11 18:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Ultimate Edition for 6 months now. It drives very nice, has lots of power and is very smooth. This car is an excellent value for the money. However, let's not get carried away. There is a clear difference between the quality of this vehicle and the German luxury sedans. I am starting to experience some shakes and rattles after only 6 months. Also, the iPod interface and Navigation system have some issues. Also, don't expect a world class service experience at the dealership. When I complained about my problems, they returned the car without saying anything and writing on the service ticket "functioning as intended". I wish I had more room to tell you the whole story.