2003 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
What a little wonder!
By Vince on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! people said it was a bit slow...I don't think so! It easily keeps up with and passes traffic, and yes, on the freeway as well. Nice pull for what it is! slower than an S2000? sure, but definetly no slouch. Nice job Honda!

Mower POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Xsight on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I received my 2000 Honda Insight as an early Christmas present and I simply love it! The Insight is a great little performer with potential to be the next type of car to tune-up. I've had my Insight up to 90MPH and it felt nice and solid at that speed! The Insight is a great-looking futuristic machine with loads of possibilities.

First impressions very positive
By spinoza on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

We've had ours for a month now and it's been a lot of fun to do drive. It drives and handles much like a little sports car (the Miata comes to mind), and we've had little problem adjusting to it being a hybrid. Features like the auto-stop and motor-assist are intuitive and easy to adjust to. It's amazing to see it already averaging over 50 miles a gallon in heavy city driving. The car has impressive acceleration and speed, and has no problems keeping up with traffic and passing. It's also very smooth and quiet.