First new car!
By mcm0455 on
2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I have been driving for 25 years and have always bought well used cars in hopes to save money. After dealing with constant issues with my 175k mile Subaru, I decided I wanted a new car. I bought a 13 Fit Sport auto this past weekend after reading reviews and actually taking one out for a test drive. It is a simple car that meets my needs for running around town and the occasional trip on the freeway. It has plenty of power for me, and the 30+mpg I am getting is a nice change from 20mpg in my old Subaru.
Favorite Features
I love the size, it leaves plenty of room in our garage for both our cars. I am 6ft2 and I am very comfortable. The seats are firm which I really like since I have a bad back. The handling is superb, which makes it pretty fun to drive. For a basic car, Honda got this one right. I do not feel like I settled for this car, I actually wanted to buy this car. Also, plenty of cargo room, I can even get my skis with the seats folded down though I plan on adding a ski rack for next winter. The paddle shifters are nice touch even the the auto is very good. I also very much appreciate the visibility in this car, lots of glass to see out of.
Suggested Improvements
I don't have any issues with this car. I actually appreciate its simplicity. I see a lot of reviews complaining about the power, but it does more than adequate for my needs. It's a cheap car but with Honda reliability, I will only be doing routine maintenance for the next 5 years.
By mcm0455
on 07/16/14 01:52 AM (PDT)

This is a 4 month follow up to my previous review. Still love the car, I added a hitch bike rack along with tinting all the windows. The bike rack has worked great though I occasionally grind the underside of the rack on steep driveway and parking lot entrances. Still getting over 30mpg in strictly city driving with a little more than 4k on the odometer. A little doggy with the a/c running. But drove up Parley's Canyon a few weeks ago and it pulled 85 mph up the steepest grade so that was a pleasant surprise. Does fine going up the steep canyons here in SLC and the paddles shifters are very nice when going down the canyons to regulate speed and keep from using the brakes too much. The real test will come this winter, I will be putting on snow tires, just have to see how it gets around with all the steep hills in my neighborhood. Still very pleased with the purchase.