Used 2011 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Cr-z - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-Z

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:

I am soooooo sorry I bought this car.
By ihatethiscar

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I hate this car. I bought it on an impulse and am sorry I did. I actually waited almost 5 days to go pick it up from the dealership after I had purchased it. I am sure that it is a good car (after all, it IS a Honda), but I swear it is among the ugliest cars on the road - especially the back end. I do not like the car because of it's impracticality. Too small, very uncomfortable, slower than I would have expected, noisy interior on the open road. There is also no place to rest your arms. Cup holders cannot accomodate anything too large - definitely a hazard when you are trying to get stuff in and out. My car is for sale and has been since about 3 months after my purchase. Hate it.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders Radio is complicated Horsepower Does not get the claimed 37 mpg unless you stay in the "Econo" mode - you may as well ride a bicycle if you have to drive this thing in "Econo".

Fun Fun Fun
By josef3

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Don't miss out just because of the expensive tag.. There's some joy to be had in a single CR-Z experience, no matter the drivers age or style (racer, casual)! Oh, and I'm 6'3 Economics is a no-brainer. If you are a family man, this may not fit for you. (buy a Honda Fit)

Favorite Features

Pure style. look around and see how many others are driving "your" car

Suggested Improvements

None. If I were greedy I'd beg for the Si trim. But this gift from Honda was solely made for the economist. Stay true

love car, hate headlights
By dj1937

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When driving with low beams on the visibility is terrible. it looks like a dark shade is pulled down 2/3s of the way on the windshield. On a hilly, curvy road you can see the posts , but not the sign on top of it.. I think it is dangerous. I have written Honda and have talked to the BB for Auto and filled out a kit they supplied. Honda in Calif. says there is nothing wrong with the headlights. . I am sure I will hear from the Better Business for Autos.

Favorite Features

body style it is really a cute and gas mileage is good.

Suggested Improvements

headlights. someone from Honda should dirve it on a hilly , curvy road and see the visibility. or rather the lack of it. My daughter has a 2011 Honda Civic and she does not have this problem. I have had 4 other people drive my car at night and they all had the same reaction Good Lord what is wrong with your headlights! I think it is a defect in my car.

Will not crank
By kpair

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I am wondering if we just bought a lemon? I have looked at all the other reviews and must say I wish we had that experience. The only problem is our CRZ often leaves us stranded. It just will not crank every time, we have had it less than a month and been stranded somewhere at least 12 times. The dealer has replace a battery and clutch mechanism and today it is being towed back to see why it still will not crank...If it ran properly we would love the car but as of now it just isn't reliable which takes all of the fun out of it...

Favorite Features

The style and sportyness of the car is awesome. Handles great and who oesn't just love the fuel economy?

Suggested Improvements

More reliability.

Love it!
By case9488

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my CR-Z for over a month now and I still get excited every day to drive it. The handling is excellent and I feel safe, though the sport mode can certainly pick up the pace. The gas mileage is good but the great build, comfortable seats, and awesome technology make that just a bonus. Of course the only downfall is not having a backseat anymore, but there is plenty of trunk space.

Favorite Features

The three driving modes, comfortable seats, and amazing look both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Putting in seats and seat belts would make the car more accessible to more people.