2011 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:
Tell it like it is.
By will_drive on 08/30/11 11:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I've owned a 6 speed CR-Z for the past 11 months, I still look forward to getting behind the wheel. Lets be honest if you consider the 6 speed then mileage is not the only thing on your mind. It's all about the drive, the windier the road the better, any time at the wheel listening to a great sound system is a joy, long trips become more enjoyable. What this car delivers on is very solid crisp road handling, head turning good looks, maneuverability in tight spaces, Honda quality, great fit and finish, very conservative fuel consumption, and it's just plain fun to drive.

LOVE my CRZ
By dak_nj on 07/21/11 13:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have my CRZ about 3 months now and LOVE IT!! I saw one on the road and followed it to find out what it was, and that is was a hybrid sold me on it! I have had people stop and ask "what is that?" and have seen people checking it out in parking lots. Getting mileage over 41 mpg. And I look good in it!

Love my "Shark"
By jealousbaker on 07/11/11 05:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my CR-Z for a little over a week now, and I absolutely love it! I researched new cars for several months, looking at all cars in the price range. It was love at first sight with the CR-Z. Great gas mileage, in my price range (unlike other hybrids), and great looks won it for me. It was a little annoying that it didn't have a backseat (I usually drive alone anyways) and the rearward visibility (I was driving a car with no rear view mirror occasionally, so it wasn't so bad!), and I wished it would have had the option of a sunroof. However everything else about it I love!! I drive A LOT and it is great to see my gas mileage is at 42 mpg right now. And everyone loves the looks.

The Cat's meow
By pfukstik on 05/14/11 06:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car, Get one!

Love having a hybrid that's cute and sporty
By twinsmom2 on 03/29/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! I've had it a week and have averaged 45mpg just jetting around. I love that it's a hybrid but not boring. We are empty nesters so the 2 seater is great for us. The hatch area comfortably fits our 35 lb dog. We are tall but fit very comfortably with plenty of leg and headroom. Great stereo even in the base model, and the silver mesh seats are really nice.

2011 CR-Z
By candyrose on 02/12/11 21:05 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car! I just had to have it after taking it for a test drive. I wasn't sure about going from an SUV to a 2-seater, but when I thought about it, I realized that I rarely had more than one passenger at a time anyway and if I do need to have more than I can just swap cars with my husband. This care if pure fun and makes you smile every time you get in it.

The CRZ is much better than the CRX or Honda SI
By gatortd on 01/26/11 18:42 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned a 1984 CRX and a 1993 Civic SI. The SI was more fun to drive than the CRX and my CRZ is much better than either one of these. There is more power than the SI with much better gas mileage. About the people that criticize it having only two seats...I don't know of anyone that would criticize a Corvette or a Porsche only having two seats. If I want to drive more than one other person around I will drive one of my other cars. This CRZ is to the 2000 teens what the Mustang was to the 1960's. Only now with gas at 14 times what it was in the 60's, it is all about gas mileage. Cars with poor gas mileage are obsolete dinosaurs.

Test Drive
By jrd325 on 01/16/11 23:45 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Drove both the manual and automatic and found the manual more fund to drive. Particularly the close shifting ratio of the gears and the smooth shifting. The critics reviews on Edmunds are accurate. I am buying an automatic 2009 Nissan Maximum V-6 SE Coupe, which has 270 hp and I am averaging 22 MPGs. Wanted to test drive the CR-Z, not available in 2009 due to its MPGs and MSRP and the high trade-in vale of the Nissan. Decided the CR-Z is not worth purchasing due to what I would give up with the Nissan for only 12 more MPGs and the MSRP of the CR-Z, which is not being discounted that much, even if gas went to five dollars a gallon. Also due to the crash ratings. Would prefer to wait.

Best hybrid I have tested
By exf150owner on 01/15/11 17:48 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Tested/considered many hybrids. I love the tech of the Prius but just wanted something different and better looking. I love my little CRZ and smile every time I drive it. I had a couple in a prius pull up next to me to say how much they loved the car. Dont get me wrong the prius is a completely different vehicle with excllent storage , but if you want a great looking car that handles great, looks awesome and gets close to 40mpg real world this is for you!. Gauges are beautifull. Sound system is incredible. Reasonably low road noise. faste enough in sport mode. Excellent fit and finish.

CRX - REBORN
By Stealthwalker on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

As a previous owner of a CRX-DX (7-years) this CRZ is a welcome pleasure. I traded in my 2001 A4 1.8TQ for this little piece of heaven. It is nice getting back to a smooth clutch. The Audi was a little long on both travel and throw. The exterior styling is a mix of Porsche 928 rear end & heavily modified S2000 front. The interior high end with soft touch controls like the Audi. The well placed control close to the driver. The 6 weeks has been unbelievable in the gas mileage. I am just about to fill up for the third time with: 41.7, 43.5 and 43.4 for miles/gal. avg. Not bad for a 80 City / 20 Highway driving. There seems to be no difference in Normal / Econ mode on mileage, just on stop idle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-Z in VA is:

$126 per month*