2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Wow, Si vs Ex...what a differe

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Summer Tires)

Wow, Si vs Ex...what a difference!
By civicracer32 on

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned a Civic EX 2007 model for 10k miles now, and just traded in another 07 Civic hybrid for the Si. Wow. This thing is like a whole different car than the EX. The car surges forward with throttle input where the EX has a delay and doesn't seem to have near the torque. The Si actually feels quicker than it is. The handling difference between the Si and Ex is even more pronounced. It sticks like glue and feels very "planted" throughout the corners. I absoultely love this car and recommend anyone who is looking at an EX to at least drive one of these if your budget will allow you to take a small jump in price to be able to buy one of these.

Engine, 6spd tranny, handling. This is really that great of a car. I had a 400bhp AWD eclipse for 9 years and I don't really miss it although the power was intoxicating. This Si just does everything right. I've yet to find the limits of grip yet, but only have 1k miles on it so far.

Even more power, Vtec engagement at lower RPM. Hondata reflash fixes this, but at a cost of $600. VSA(stability control) can't be turned off with aftermarket wheels unless OEM tire pressure monitor valve stems are installed in aftermarket rims. Lighter weight wheels. OEM wheels are a whopping 23lbs