2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Beware of the automatic transm

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Beware of the automatic transmission
By cartmaniskool on

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to let others know that I love everything about this car except for the automatic transmission. It shifts too harshly while in D. When driving above 25-30 mph and then slowing down or braking under 20 mph, then quickly stepping on the gas, the transmission will jerk or buck forward and you'll hear a very loud clunk sound. It is not a normal jerk at all, it is a very violent jerk and the transmission will clunk. It's pretty bad and I've learned that it's common in all 2008 civics with automatic transmissions. There was a problem with the civic si 3rd gear and there is a problem with the 2008 civic automatic transmission as well. Honda needs to issue a recall ASAP!

I love the exterior and interior styling. The car handles like a go-kart. It's extremely fun to drive.

Issue a recall on the jerky automatic transmission. Take the car for a test drive and see what I'm talking about. Slow down to about 7-19 mph and then very quickly hit the gas. Be prepared for a loud clunk and whiplash. You have to drive in D3 to avoid the very bad bucking and jerking.