Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love it
By Skie

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my civic with 15k miles on it and have put almost 30k in one year of ownership. I love the gas mileage I get from it because I drive to school every day and work on weekends neither of which are near my home. This car is by far my favorite out of all of the cars I have ever known and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

The heads up digital speedometer. I love that.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. There are none in the back and the front ones are designed poorly. Wish they were side-by-side Rather than in-line.

Update on 29000 miles
By Umi

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought on Apr-08. Now has 29000 miles, just changed tired. Had a big problem with TPMS light. The tires were changed on Firestone. They broke one TPMS, so visited service place 4 times. Finally it was fixed by Honda Dealership, but the money was reimbursed by Firestone. So, CHANGE YOUR Tires ON HONDA DEALERSHIP. TPMS Light must be reset when you change tires. At all, the Civic is not bad. Average getting 24 miles per gallon just in City driving. 35-39 miles per gallon on highway. As of today no mechanic failure. As of today spent $1400 including tires changed at 29000 miles. Generally good car. Would recommend to anyone who know how to count and save money. Save money-buy quality!

Favorite Features

MPG. General quality of the car.

Suggested Improvements

return classic view of speedometer.

honda LEMON
By sar

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 civic is a lemon. the brakes have failed 2 times. there is excessive high/low amounts of oxygen in the car-found on testing-for which I do not yet know the source. Bottom line, driving it results in headaches, confusion, dizziness, and nausea. it can not be driven. the driver's door lock is broken. the power windows have malfunctioned. The car does not start in cold weather. The car bucks when changing gears. If you breathe on the car, it scratches. NEVER BUY HONDA. Honda Canada is a nightmare. To date, nothing had been done to serve me. 10 months, no car.

Favorite Features

none

No More Hondas for Me
By oc91

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

At first, I loved my Civic. It had great gas mileage and was fun to drive. I've had it for about two years and my brakes are wearing out (my previous one went 4 years without needing a brake change), it rattles in the back, and takes forever to heat up. It does awful in the snow; there's no traction whatsoever. The paint is awful and gets nicked by things that shouldn't even affect it. I thought I was buying a quality vehicle in the beginning, but now I've decided I wont ever own another Honda.

Favorite Features

The dash, digital speedometer, look, very roomy on the inside

Suggested Improvements

improved traction in the snow/better tires, better paint quality

Good car
By MMartens

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda Civic EX-L w/16500 miles in 1/2010.So far so good.It's a nice little car my EX-L has all the bells and whistles on it the only thing missing is the navigation and I have a garmin for that anyway.With only 16500 miles on the car you would think that the 30000 mile OME tires would be good.Trust me they are not.I just replaced them with Goodyear triple tred tires it makes a world of difference with handeling in snow and rain,the OME tires were HORRIBLE.I drive both highway and city mostly city and I've averaged about 30mpg not bad.The inside is nice and the 2 tier dash is easy to get use to I think I like better than the traditional gauges.It's so far been a great car.

Favorite Features

Bigger inside then you would think.The interior is real nice.It feels like you're in a more expensive car.Has good get up and go for in town and hwy traffic.Very comfortable to drive and be a passenger.

Suggested Improvements

OME tires stink.