2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best working car
By ausome working car on 04/23/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is one of a kind I got mine when I turned 16 and I'm still loving it. I have not once had a problem with it whatsoever. It's real quiet too when you're driving unlike other loud cars. The gas by the way is amazing - I cut a lot of money off spending for gas because this car does a good job on it. Also if you like to work on cars for shows this civic is the ultimate car to do it to. I installed subs, neons, lambo doors, suicide seats, interior neon, and put things on the motor for speed. It is a great car to work on.

Excellent summer car
By kls on 04/21/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall we love our Honda Civic. It has been a good durable car that is good on gas mileage. However, for those of you who live in frigid areas... buyer beware. From groggy starts to a slowly warming engine to poor traction on ice and snow... winter will be a bit of a challenge.

Should have kept my 93 Accord
By Bob on 02/28/09 16:46 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

If Honda made a 90-93 Accord again I would buy in a second. My 93 with nearly 300K miles ran like the day I bought it. It got better mileage than my 08 civic with same driving routine. Best I've gotten is 27.5 mpg. Civics air conditioner varies temp abut 20 degrees. Barely keeps car cool in So. CA summers. Nearly impossible to clean inside of front and rear windows which haze over from all the plastics out gassing in summer heat. Lots of road noise. Very disappointed overall. Dealer can't find anything wrong. Surprise, surprise. This is my 5th and probably my last Honda. I also have an 03 Odyssey with which I get 22 to 24.5 mpg cruising at 80.

I Love My Honda
By My New Car on 02/20/09 23:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda In July 08 And fell in love with it right away, from the way it drives to the style of the interior, exterior. Drove from New England to North Carolina and after 12 hrs of driving I still wanted to be in my car driving. I love my Honda Civic

A good car !
By M_Honda on 02/19/09 10:47 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far a good car (6k miles already), engine is powerful for a small car! Noise on highways better than earlier models. However shifting in lower gears is kinda rough, more of an annoyance than anything!

2008 Honda Civic EX
By Okamotosan on 02/18/09 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All future Honda buyers, BEWARE! I bought my car merely a year ago and since about 6 months ago, it has been making sounds like there is a horse under the hood. Last week, it LOST most of what little power it had (could only go 25mph) and the dealer said that nothing was wrong with it. Then, 5 days later, the damn thing stalled in the middle of an intersection. I had to get out and push then have it towed! And when I take it in for repair, the car doesn't act up so they say that everything checks out fine. I can't sell it because the economy is so bad and plus it WILL give trouble to it's new owner.

Disappointed
By Dee on 02/17/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Honda. Noticed with the last Honda that quality isn't what it used to be. I have had my current Honda Civic 08 car in the shop 3 times, and I only have 6000 miles on it right now, and they still can't figure out why the car doesn't start sometimes-same thing happened on the last Honda. Ride is very noisy and there's a tick at times that dealer says in the fuel injection-it's too loud and distracting. Seats aren't comfortable. Switch to adjust driver side window is poorly placed. Hondas used to be great cars; unfortunately, I think quality and dependability has gone down. I'm also disappointed in the fuel economy for a small car.

16 Months - We're Getting Ready to Dump
By abandmon on 02/10/09 05:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned many domestic vehicles and decided to step-up to the 'superior' quality of a Honda. What a disappointment! The first year was okay with the vehicle however it's now falling apart. Performs poorly in the cold, if it starts at all. Don't think of driving in winter weather without snow tires. The alarm is toast. The electronics are on the fritz. Seat belts don't retract. Weather stripping is worn through. Loud clunk in the trunk area when making turns. Has a severe shake when approaching highway speeds. Hard to find a comfortable driving position. Overall, the most disappointing vehicle we've ever owned! Will never buy a Honda again.

Very dissapointed
By Tito on 02/09/09 14:54 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I trade my excellent and reliable Honda Civic VP 2005 for a Honda 2008. It was the worst decision I made on my life. I am regretting it since day one. Cheap plastic, noisy (I feel every street bump). I cannot get used to the over designed dashboard. Overall very cheap built and overpriced. I cannot afford to trade it but I will do it as soon as I can. Will never buy Honda again. Honda is sleeping on its laurels.

Will be superb car with some improvement
By Sreen on 02/07/09 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am using this car for the past 6 months and thought of writing a review based on my experience. I bought this brand new car after reading lot of reviews and research. The car is the best car I have ever owned. The comfort it gives while driving can be compared to major luxury brands in the Sedan section. Mileage is superb, 35+ on highway and 28+ local.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.