Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

By MsT

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

When driving with the rear windows down the wind vibration noise is so loud it hurts your ears, about once a week my send has lowered itself into the lowest position (the lever is in a bad place and you bump it getting into the car). The roof padding is so thin when it rains you have to turn your sound system WAY up to hear it. The rear window collects water in the center when it rains and making seeing out of your rear view mirror nearly impossible!

I love the dash board and control panel. There is no "hump" in the middle of the back seat and no "hump" in the back floorboard. Great gas mileage!

The wind noise is horrible! (rear window wind noise especially). More roof padding, also see my review above.

Love this car
By alyson

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 2008 Honda EX for my daughter used and I have to say that I am very happy with it. It rides nice, great fuel economy and is really fun to drive. It has fantastic pick-up for a 4 cyl. vehicle. The only 2 complaints I have are that the seats could be a bit more comfortable and the factory radio sounds very "tinny" and we will replace that. I'm hoping she gets many good and reliable years of driving out of it!

Navigation system, body style, interior features, and price

Seats are not comfortable on longer rides, factory radio sounds pretty bad

Rear Axle Defect?
By circ99

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought 2008 Civic new. Rear tires have a camber alignment issue. Dealers have said designed that was. Burns up tires unless you rotate at every service. Just filed safety complaint with ntsb. Bought car for daughter, who knows nothing about tires. Unsafe. I don't need tires blowing out. Honda USA ignored my request, but I did find a dealer who will fix it for a price $$. Wow. Purchased Honda care warranty. They don't want to touch this issue either. Beware beware if you are going to buy, check out the rear wheels !

First [and Last] Civic
By LadyM

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Civic new in the summer of 2008 and within three weeks it was leaking power steering fluid. IIRC, the dealership had to replace the power steering rack. A major repair before 1K is not a good omen. Within a few months, the car developed a starting problem. I've been to the dealer 4 times for that particular concern. They replaced the starter motor and the other three times they found nothing wrong. It still will not start sometimes. When idling, the AC starts to blow lukewarm air, even when it's on the coldest setting. Again, dealership couldn't find a problem. The suspension is noisy and the interior plastic scratches very, very easily. I won't buy a Honda again.

The body design is interesting. Also like the cup holders.

Build a car that starts consistently, does not leak, has a decent AC and better interior finishes.

Favorite Car
By civicacct

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L. I have had several cars - VW, Acura, Pontiac - and the Civic is the best car I have owned. It's fun to drive, it's plenty peppy and it's comfortable. The price is great for the quality of the vehicle.

I love that Honda decided to offer leather seats in the Civic, and they're heated too! The gas mileage is great, the instrument panel is very user-friendly and they accomplished a lot of interior space in this design.

No improvements are necessary.