Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Lovely, cute
By Baltz K

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I talked my wife into getting a 4 door Civic for convenience, as she is hauling two grand children. (She was driving an 01 Sunfire GT). We went to the dealer to test drive it. But then, she spotted the 2 door. It was all over. Convenience no longer mattered. She loves it! "It is hugging me" she feels. The salesman also pointed out that it has the big 350W stereo (4 door EX models only have 140W). That was it! Final!

Sunroof, dash, steering wheel, all safety features including EST, shape, especially front, rear looks better than the 4 door.

I wish I would have noticed the cheap covers over the holes that should have fog lights. The car doesn't look right without them. It is a job to add them and I will probably have to have them installed by professionals.

Great car
By Nat

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't fit in the Corolla. I am 6'1" and I fit in the Civic coupe. My right leg does rest against the hand brake, but I can live with that. MPG on combined driving has been 35.2 and on more highway driving has been 38.9 with only 1800 miles on the car! Handles great and plenty of power. Ride is a little stiff, but the car is so fun to drive. In 90 degree heat the air conditioning has been great.

MPG, handling, easy to read dash.

Move the hand brake lever.

Still the ONE.
By Matt Landers

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

With 5,500 miles on this car in a little over 2 months. No complaints. Gas mileage for mixed driving is around 30 MPG. Not too bad. Exclusive HWY driving yields between 37-40 MPG. Even better. Overall a good car and thus far would recommend this model to a friend. I'll write back in a few months with more updates.

Aside from the styling and MPG my favorite exterior feature is the front fascia (with fog lights). Interior? there is a lot more. The Audio system (350 watts) steering wheel controls and the two tier dash.

For a car in this price range ($20,500) Vehicle Stability Assist should be standard. Best bang for your buck is the EX trim level. LX is good but you'll miss the little extras. (variable intermittent wipers, alloy wheels, sunroof, audio controls on the steering wheel and trunk remote on key fob)

Impressed
By marnie

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was absolutely amazed with the quality of my 2008 honda civic ex-l navi! Its fun to drive, it has GREAT fuel economy and its just a well designed vehicle. The navigation with voice commands is so advanced and easy to use! I would recommend this vehicle to ANY and EVERY interested car buyer, and friend of mine! Take a look at it, its reasonably priced and worth every penny!

navigation, xm stereo

none

Great Car
By Adam

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. There is nothing to it. Great gas mileage, comfortable, nice interior and exterior, and I love the features, especially the navigation system. Although the windshield wipers don't work well dry, the only other complaint I have is the lack of heated seats.

Navigation