2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
good enough
By jjazzman on 05/06/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm coming from Z4 with manual tranny. I wish it had lil more power but I wished the same thing when I had Z4 also.. It handles much better than you would expect from Civic. feels as responsive as 3 series I test drove before Civic. I always had issue with Honda's seat. I owned TL- S, Accord, CR-V, and MDX... all of them had lumbar support in wrong position. Even 2008 Civic sedan has weird lumbar support but Civic Coupe seats is only Honda car I don't have any problem with. You gotta sit on one of these, you'll understand what I mean. Heated seat heats up little different from other cars I've owned but it is nice feature. Heated seat don't get as hot as other cars even in high mode

Civic EX in Galaxy Gray
By Kate on 05/06/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Although I have only driven my car for a short period of time I have already fallen in love with it. I previously owned a limited edition 2005 VW Jetta GLI, but due to fuel economy and no auxiliary input I got rid of it. This civic is great. This car has the best stock radio system I have ever heard...I didn't even have to put in an aftermarket sub and amp to get the bass that I wanted.

Enjoying my cute lil Honda Civic Coupe!
By Kristen from MS on 05/05/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2006 Honda Civic SI coupe in for something that was cheaper, less to insure, and something I didn't have to put premium gas in. So I decided to get a new Coupe LX civic. I got it in an automatic, I was getting a little tired of driving a stick anyways. Very nice for the price. I got mine at less than invoice price, thanks to my helpful Honda dealership. Love the tan interior, although I think it will get dirty fast. Only thing I don't like is when I put the car in park my door unlocks itself. I mean what if I was shopping and someone came up and mugged me as soon as I parked? Just don't think it's a great feature, since I would think most people who buy this car are female.

Miss Daisy would have loved this car!!!
By Jim on 04/30/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 1995 Honda Accord ex about 2 years ago and even that car stills runs good. I swear you cant kill a Honda. After that one i needed to upgrade and I did. I just love this car, I wish it was more powerful but hey it's only 140 hp what do you expect, but overall this is a very solid car, I cant wait to drive it again!

Great value
By Kate on 04/26/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

When searching for a new car, I looked for 3 things: great overall ratings, great mileage & a small sporty car with 2 doors and room for 4. I got just what I wanted with and my Civic reminds me of driving my old Acura Integra!

The perfect package!
By Anthony C on 04/22/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 V6 Mustang for a 2008 EX Civic back in November and it's the smartest thing I've ever done for many reasons. As a former Ford man who always trashed Honda, I have to say I LOVE THIS CAR! The gas mileage is incredible for the amount of fun you can have. I'm 5'11'' and I feel totally comfortable in it driving for hours. Not to mention, the VTEC in it is plenty powerful enough stock - let alone the abundance of aftermarket parts. The 8th generation Civic is a winner for sure.

Don't expect it to be a "Driver's" car
By mclean1200 on 04/21/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After owning a Mazda RX-8 6spd,(my wife had problems driving a manual after breaking her foot last fall) the Civic was a major step down. It's a nice looking car, but it's weak and handles terribly (very choppy ride at highway speed) compared to what I was used to driving. The speedometer placement is very unnatural and distracting especially at night. If all you need is a reliable high mileage commuter, this may work for you, but if I had another chance, I'd more likely buy a Corolla.

A Honda Believer for Life! :O)
By Dottie on 04/16/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 1997 Honda Del Sol and have owned 2 Preludes and I have to say that Honda delivers what others do not and that is a quality car with great handling and performance (more than the hp might suggest) for the money. I was hesitant to consider the new Civic after having had an older model as a loaner when getting my Del Sol worked on and I found it to be flimsy and loud but this new generation Civic is a charmer! I went to the dealership to try out the new Honda Fit as a supplemental car to my Del Sol which has over 100K miles on it and test drove the Civic, too, and fell in love. So far, I've only had it a week but find the ride quality and performance to be great!

Civic good be better
By David Ponce on 04/15/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I found the styling good, the performance is great, but I'm disappointed on the fuel economy. The comfort level is great. The road noise is not quiet. Needs work on that.

Best yet!
By Michael on 04/09/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just got my civic and I love everything about it. It's excellent unless you're looking for horse power. With gas prices this high everyone should be trying to reduce consumption of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.