Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Economy Car
By MiamiDriver

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Civic is the 4th Honda I've owned. It seems to continue Honda's fine tradition of stylish, economical, reliable transportation.

Favorite Features

The front bucket seats are very comfortable and the iPod aux connection is a great addition.

Suggested Improvements

The sound insulation is poor at reducing road noise at highway speeds, as is the lackluster acceleration with the 4 cylinder engine. One other pet peeve of mine is the driver's side electric window switch which is difficult to use to roll the window just partially down.

Impressed
By Impressed

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my wife's new vehicle and she absolutely loves it. I'm pretty impressed as well. We see 29 MPG driving during the week (all city), and have gotten 38 on long highway trips. The car runs great and is a smooth comfortable ride. I've been very impressed with the build quality and reliability of this car. It beats the heck out of my old '96 Taurus for comfort, quality, and convenience. I can see hanging on to this car for a long time. I'll be looking Honda when my Taurus dies.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

The seat cushions could use a little more support, or be adjustable to raise just the front of the cushion. Currently they lack support for bigger guys like myself (6'2" 220lbs).

Love It
By R.Bostic

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My parents helped me with this car for a graduation present and I love it. It's fun to drive, great on gas and is very stylish inside. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it and I love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reliable coupe.

Favorite Features

Interior design

Love It
By Scott

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2 185, fit in the car perfect no problem with leg or head room the seats hug you firmly which is nice. No sliding when turning or leaning. The dash is perfect placement and dims nicely at night when you turn on the lights. Got 45 miles to the gallon highway to Missouri from Connecticut doing 60 with a full trunk back seat and a passenger and is extremely quiet. AC perfect in 90 degree weather and the heat is fantastic now, a very insulated car, is still warm after an hour of sitting. Only complaint is the placement of the hand brake pressing against my knee, other than that the car is perfect..

Favorite Features

Bucket style seats hold you nicely, bold display, extremely soft clutch with smooth transmission timing.

Suggested Improvements

Make eBrake padded.

Great Car
By db

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Not sure why some people aren't getting good fuel economy. My driving is about 2/3 highway and 1/3 city, and my worst tank in 6 months of ownership has been 33.5 mpg. I average 34.5 - 35.0 mpg, with spirited driving. My best tank was 37 mpg while I tried to baby it.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, styling, high revving engine.