2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 08 Civic - Tire Problems

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

08 Civic - Tire Problems
By My Name on

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have experienced the tire wear issue that others have. I noticed an increased vibration/road noise around 26000 miles. I took it in to Honda and was told that there was "no known fix" for this issue. Apparently the workaround was to replace the tires and do an alignment. Honda agreed to pay half for the tires, so I went ahead and did it. I don't know if there's something I'm unaware of, so here's hoping that Honda gets things figured out. Aside from the tire wear issue, I don't really have many complaints. Gas mileage is great (around 34-35 mpg). The biggest issue I have is the lack of any lumbar support - after a three hour ride, my back hurts. Overall, the car is fine, not great.

Favorite Features

Nimble ride, small (helpful in urban areas), great turning radius. The climate controls are simple to use. Gas mileage has been great so far. I really like the sliding armrest - it's one of those little things that makes a big difference.

Suggested Improvements

It'd be nice to not have a car that eats through tires. Seat comfort is not great (back support could be improved). I would have liked an option for HID headlights.