2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Really nice car but
By SingleSock on 07/10/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a problems with the transmission almost immediately w/gears sticking. At a light I tried to shift back to 1st and it wouldn't budge. Happened 3x. It stranded me once at a light. Not good. Dealership found nothing but it hasn't happened since. Hmm. Then the stereo and AUX went out. I drove Toyotas for 30 yrs, but after my last one was a dud I switched to Honda and was very happy with my previous Civic. This one... not so much. Doesn't anyone make a truly high quality care anymore like Toyota used to?

Perfect everyday car
By mrl on 07/09/10 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Borrowing Bill Belichick's favorite phrase 'it is what it is'. And what it is is an superb getting around town, going to work, day trip kink of car. And given the tremendous gas mileage, I wouldn't even mind taking it cross country. I average 40 mpg on the highway with my standard transmission! Comfortwise, it is a lot bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Very comfortable front seats, good leg room in the back for a smaller car. If performance is paramount for you the Mazda 3 may be a better choice, otherwise this is the car you want.

honda LEMON
By sar on 02/22/10 19:28 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 civic is a lemon. the brakes have failed 2 times. there is excessive high/low amounts of oxygen in the car-found on testing-for which I do not yet know the source. Bottom line, driving it results in headaches, confusion, dizziness, and nausea. it can not be driven. the driver's door lock is broken. the power windows have malfunctioned. The car does not start in cold weather. The car bucks when changing gears. If you breathe on the car, it scratches. NEVER BUY HONDA. Honda Canada is a nightmare. To date, nothing had been done to serve me. 10 months, no car.

Great car
By Chris on 08/14/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It handles like a 5-series BMW, but gets twice the gas mileage. The steering is very quick- something new this year is that the steering is only 2.6 turns lock to lock, so it is very sensitive especially at highway speeds.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.