2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Not as good as a Corolla

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

GX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. CNG 5-speed Automatic)

Not as good as a Corolla
By Bazza on

2007 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my previous European built Corolla sedan, which had given me 5 years trouble free comfortable ownership. The Honda Civic must be the most uncomfortable car I have ever bought, or driven. It's too low, has extremely hard unforgiving seats, the stupid handbrake which digs into my leg and makes any journey over half an hour very painfull (literally). The "A" pillar is too thick, and interferes with a clear view of pedestrians trying to cross the road in front of me at junctions. The front passenger footwell is too short, forcing the passenger has to push the seat right back to get comfortable, consequently there is no room for anybody to sit behind!

I like the eye-level speedometer, it helps me avoid getting speeding tickets but even this sometimes causes arguments with my wife who can see the speedometer clearly when I am driving.

Make the boot (trunk) larger, design more comfortable seats (taking lessons from the French manufacturers), fit the car with decent tires as original equipment. Make the car taller so it is easy to get in and out. Change the acute angle of the "A" pillar which is really dangerous.