Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my Honda, but...
By bj789

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For an economy car, it's pretty nice.
My last two cars were German and their reliability issues drove me to Japanese dependability, but man were Germans a blast to drive.
And while I'm still happy with the Honda, there are some issues I'm now suffering.
Mainly performance issues.
Otherwise, it's functional, reliable, efficient and gets me from A to B with little worry.
Most of my driving is in the city, and it zips around in traffic fairly well.
I would not recommend as a highway commuter.

Nav is nice. Like the MP3 CD reader and 1/8" audio port. COLD A/C, 60/40 fold down rear seat lets me pop my bike in the back (when I get the angle just right).

Engine torque curve, sound insulation and handling. To accelerate quickly or pass on the highway the engine must be revved well over 4,500 RPMs resulting in an awkward jump and a screaming engine bay. At highway speeds textured pavement rumbles through the floor and can become an annoyance. Otherwise on smooth pavement it's pretty quiet. I took the car on a 2 hour country drive last weekend through hills and bends and I missed the German handling. The Civic shimmied and felt much less stable / capable in turns and ascending hills was downright slow, again unless the engine was screaming at 5k RPMs.

Honda Civic Ex Navi @100k miles....
By bschaffer

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my daily driver, mostly highway (70%) driven.
Avg. 36-39mpg in Summer, Winter mileage suffers due to fuel additives in my cold climate (32-35mpg, still great!).
Best recorded mileage 42mpg average with a tail wind driving across Iowa at 75-80 mph.
I'm happy with my car overall but if I didn't have such a comute I would drive something more sporty and/or luxury minded.
My biggest complete is road noise followed by ride quality, although it's probably better than most "compacts".
My co-workers Mazda3 is not nearly as refined!
Rear tires tend to wear on the inside due to fixed camber.
The Navi is great although the joystick up and left movement quite on me a few months back.

Mileage, Navi, Looks, Brakes well (changed at 75k/front, 100k/rear)

Mute button! More insulation for road noise. Better seats for long hauls. Speakers are terrible..

Tire Wear
By Amanda

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new. Since I have replaced the tires twice. I have the tires rotated every other oil change and the guys at the shop say they have uneven wear. The rear tires are very noisy. I have had the alignment checked several times and its ok. It seems to be a factory defect. Also my sun visor broke. Honda needs to do a recall on this model year because I will never purchase another Honda if they're no going to stand behind their product. Very Unhappy Customer.

Great car but overpriced
By martin

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car gave me no problems which was important to me. A lot of recalls since i purchased the car. Interior cloth seats are cheap and wear uneven with regular use. The stereo knobs are backwards.climate controls are on the bottom and radio is above it, making it uncomfortable.Still not use to it after 4 yrs. I paid 18,500 which is a lot considering could have a GM compatible car for 5,000 less and kept the profits in good old USA. Would definitely buy American car next time.

Gas average is 34 mpg. Reliability is a plus, but had issues that dealer covered.Good amount of air bags for a little car

stupid radio design.

Fire Hazard!
By mike

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car caught fire in my driveway. Thankfully, no one was hurt. The insurance company originally said that the fire was caused by a short in the wiring harness. They later stated that the cause of the fire was undetermined. There is no TSB for this problem, but there is a report on NHSTA's web site from another 07 Civic owner who's car ignited because of a faulty wiring harness. Honda needs to do something.

It's a good car when it's not on fire.

Not catching fire would be a major improvement.