Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My used Honda
By Nicole

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car used but was it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, everyday something new came up that made me love it less. My gas doesn't last me a week. I understand I drive quite a few miles from home to work and school but its ridiculous how in 4 days my gas would disappear completely. Driving it is great, until you notice the gas. It took me a good 3 weeks to finally get comfortable in my seat, even now it still doesn't feel right. Looks great thought!

Smooth steering and appearance.

GAS

2007 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan Automatic
By Honda Driver

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is definitely one of the best sedans on the market. It only costs 17k nicely equipped and you get one of the best made cars in the world. If you want a safe/reliable/affordable car you can't go wrong with buying a Civic.

Price/Quality/Safety/Reliability

1) second outlet/charger

Disgusted first-time Honda buyer
By Disappointed

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My first Honda and I was thrilled with it - for the first year and a half. Since then all hell has broken loose. Bought 1/07; 2 recalls the first year; put on 4 new 60K tires 8/08; rear stabilizer bar arms replaced 5/09 (dealer got it covered, but I had to pay for labor). Since then back tires are noisy (due to uneven tread wear from stabilizer bar arms) and back- seat passengers can't hear anything but tires; can't rotate. Leaking power steering fluid 8/10 - had to replace rack system ($800) and told all 4 of my tires were shot and wouldn't even pass inspection! Called Honda corporate and they did NOTHING for me. First-time buyer and I will NEVER buy another Honda product!

Styling (had rear spoiler installed when I bought it), color and handling. I loved this car for much of its life and will miss it. Very fun to drive. Very sassy-looking car!

Stand behind your products and build a more reliable car, which is what Honda was supposed to be noted for. Get design right before selling it. If I wanted American-made car problems, I would have bought American. Thought I was getting quality; guess not. Feel like I'm driving ticking time bomb.

True reliability and quality
By Justin G.

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Terrific car that I've owned for 3 years and not one mechanical problem. It is reliable, built to last, gets 40 mph (better than it is supposed to), and generally is the best car I've every owned AND one of the least expensive. I plan to keep this car for many more years.

Roominess for a small car; gas mileage

Door locks. The doors will only unlock on drivers side when car has been running and in park so passengers have to manually unlock to get out of the car. If you hit the remote, you only have a few seconds or the doors relock automatically. This should be extended by at least 20 more seconds.

New used Civic
By NewHondaGuy

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am new to Honda's, but bought this '07 off-lease due to gas mileage and reported reliability. Like the looks. Like the handling. Some interior materials seem cheap. I am concerned about the durability of the paint. I can see lots of chips apparently from ice removal. Also chips due to stone damage. Too early to report on actual gas mileage. Really, this '07 seemed like a new car-quite clean. Never saw a plastic dip stick before. Better be careful parking it as one cannot see the nose from the driver's seat. Happy with purchase so far. Hope to give an update after we have had this car for a while.

Handling, brakes, peppy 1.8 L engine

Tougher paint, improve quality feel of interior materials