2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Look for something better
By seang on 10/19/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Decent car but not worth the $. Poor radio, poor ride quality and extremely loud interior. I'm 6'-2" and fit comfortable in car. Ergonomics are good but the position of the e brake is bad and uncomfortable on leg. Good thing is I got 33 mpg average. On long highway rides, almost 38 mpg. I got sick of the road noise and harsh ride and traded this car in. You can get more car for the money. I traded mine in for a Legacy. For $2K more, you get all wheel drive, awesome radio, awesome ride.

Happy with it...
By steve76 on 09/10/09 05:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Drive a round trip to work of 140 miles. We get 41 mpg with synthetic oil at 70 mph. Not 1 problem, car has 83,000 miles. Fun to drive, enjoy the great mileage and for the price is unbeatable. Tires will make it to 100,000 miles. Bought some comfy seat cushions. Downside is road noise but really not a problem. Makes you smile everyday with the mileage and we take 6-8 hour trips on vacation. We are in our 40's too.

Very Good Car
By Mike on 09/07/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over all, this a very good car. 32,000 miles on it and no major problems. Love the sporty handling and steering. The gas mileage is good. Bad sun visor design. The glue that holds them together seems to melt in the sun. Had to replace tires @ 20k but that seems to be the norm for most makes now. Driver's seat needs better thigh support.

Technical/mechanical failiures
By Andres on 08/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I was told Honda was a good brand and cars were durable and also the Honda civic 2007 has a very nice look. However, Just ONE WEEK after buying the car, the radio system started to mute itself very often, so I took it to the dealer and had to leave the car for two days there. THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS REPLACED. One year after, the car was hard to start in the morning and I took to the dealer at bayridge to change the oil and also to check this "little issue" and they had to replace the battery! Last week I took the car to the dealer again because it was shaking so bad when going up on a little hill and @ 1500 RPM. Guess what? The transmission had to be replaced!!!

Great Car
By Evar on 07/29/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 70 miles a day for work. Average 35+ MPG. I have 65,000 miles on the car and have only had to do breaks once, tires once, and regular oil changes. Much larger interior than Civic's have had in the past. Dash is easy to see while driving. I took a road trip and actually got 47 MPG for 3 tanks in a row.

2nd Honda, but NEVER again!
By Rich on 07/03/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the Civic since 12/06. In the first 22 months & 14K miles I've experienced the following problems. Trans has been replaced, replacement tranny repaired, P/S leak, cv boot & joint replaced, new battery, both sun visors blew apart. 3 recalls, low fuel warning light comes on with only .6 gallons remaining, book says it should be 1.9 gallons. Front brakes will need replacing before 20K miles. THE most annoying problem is with the A/C, it cuts out for 10 to 15 seconds when accelerating from a stop. I've been to all 3 dealers in Las Vegas, & they all told me that Honda designed the A/C to work that way, a power saving feature! UNACCEPTABLE!!

Problems with A/C
By bobbo63 on 06/17/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently had a problem with car such that the a/c was blowing only hot air. A trip to dealer showed an undiscovered leak in the refrigerant from the system. They were unable to find the leak after 4 hours and have placed a dye in the refrigerant to try to find the 'pin hole' leak. I've never had this problem with a Japanese vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I now am supposed to drive the car for 3 months and return the vehicle for 'discovery' of the leak.

Good buy for under 20K
By DRE on 06/15/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got a new ’07 LX manual for under 17k. Great vehicle. I get a "true" 37mpg just about all the time (~70% hwy) except for in the winter. While I wouldn’t call it powerful, it does show oomph if revved high enough (if you have the manual). Corners well enough for an economy car though back end tends to slide out early. Only 4 complaints. The ABS seems to kick in prematurely when doing moderate braking. I had to get both sun visors replaced at about 16k miles. They were both coming apart and would eventually not even go up. Shocks/suspension makes noises when car is very cold (after a few miles it goes away). And as most Civic owners already know, it’s not the quietest ride.

Great Vehicle to Drive
By sp on 05/20/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Honda Civic & I've loved them both. They have both driven well & perform very well. As w/ my 1st Civic the mileage gets better as the car gets older. I'd buy another Honda any day!

Bad score for 07 Civic LX Auto
By Art on 05/16/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Well get used to a lot of problems and recalls, like your front wheels (axle lube recall) falling off. Your door handle (inside) breaking, your windshield wipers not working on intermittent position. (recall) Your engine block cracking. Your bolts backing out of the fan pully and fatal to the radiator if they do come loose. Interior sun visors (this is a good one) being replaced multi times, seems Honda can't make enough replacements. Your broken (or missing) transmission bolts, recall. The list goes on man! Better check your recall list!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.