Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great little car!
By Janet

2007 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my first Civic and love it! It fits me better than any car I have ever driven and is so fun to drive. Honda has done a great job with lumbar supports in the seat, the interior design with smooth metallic buttons instead of cheap plastic dials, and cruise controls in the steering wheel. The engine is very quiet and peppy. The split display with blue lighting is easy on the eyes and the more I drive it, the more I like having the spedometer at eye level. I drive about 3000 miles a month and am getting 38 miles a gallon this first month. I like the wide view from the windshield and how it comfortably fit four adults. I highly reccommend this car!

I like the ergonomic steering wheel with indentations to fit my hand, the high quality adjustable cup holders (and the door that slides over them when not in use), the cell phone holder is a perfect fit and in a nice location. I like the storage in the doors for maps and water bottles.

It is hard to sense the front of the car as there is no visual cues from the driver's seat. It would be nice to have cup holders in the rear seats for passengers instead of just a open space in the door. The glove compartment is angled and somewhat small.

2007 Honda LX 4dr auto
By jmewb

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic LX 4dr in June of 06. It now has 6000 miles. This vehicle suffers from front wheel spin, a bumpy ride (considering its lack of performance) but gets really good gas mileage. I get between 25-26 mpg in the city and 35-26 hwy. The seats are more comfortable over time. Great paint job. Overall, a good buy & much better for the environment than the Mazda3.

Good gas mileage of course. Very good stereo. Lots of safety equipment.

Move the parking break toward the middle of the console; too close to my knee. Suspension upgrade to decrease tire spin.

Great Compact Car
By Kathy

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Yukon Denali to a Honda Civic as my main vehicle with no problem. I was hooked on a Honda once I drove my friend's Accord several times. It felt heavy and handled the road well even though it had over 125,000 miles. I am very pleased with my purchase of a Honda Civic.

Two-tier digital display of odometer w/ a blue background.

Would recommend Honda install a rear seat cup holder(s).

2007 Civic 4dr LX
By lbowen

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is very fun to drive and very dependable. The gas mileage is great, yet it can get up and go if necessary. The overall body style is nice and sporty. Also, I owned a 98 civic LX and when I traded it in it still has a lot of life left. Honda's can easily reach 200,000 miles and keep on running! This car is very nice for the features as well as the price.

I enjoy the dashboard and the location of the spedometer and fuel gauge. Also, the windshield wipers are powerful! The exterior body style is also very nice. I have the royal blue color and love it!

It would be nice to have the radio controls on the steering wheel. Also, allow more options for interior features such as seats and cd changers and others.

Glad I got this over the Prius
By ro_bro

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was deliberating whether I should go "green" and get the Prius. I test drove the Prius. Nothing exciting, just thought it was cool that I could potentially save lots of gas. But it seemed to struggle a bit going uphill, so that made me doubt. Then I test drove this Civic 4 door LX AT. I was instantly in love. I had a 1997 4 door LX that broke down recently, just under 200,000. Anyway, the thing that caught me was that this thing has 140 horses! I could accelerate, even when going uphill, and I felt confident that I could pass anyone if necessary. But the 30/40 mpg, that was it for me. I saved about $3k versus the Prius, decent mpg, and I love the extra horses!

Horsepower, sleek looks, the speedometer location, the 160 watt standard sound system, with external audio jack for my iPod. Roomy inside. Extra wide 205, 17" tires.

Wish the keyless entry had a remote trunk opener on the LX model. I think the EX model has it. Also, stereo controls on steering wheel on LX would be nice. again, the EX has it.