Great car, but not what they used to be
By MichaelO on
2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I used to own a '97 Honda Civic DX coupe, which is the stripped down model for those of you who aren't too familiar with the line-up. I now own a '02 EX coupe which is their 'top of the line' model. I must say, there have been some drastic improvements in those 5 yrs, as well as some disappointments. My '97 DX was supposed to be getting only 106 hp while the '02 EX is supposed to be getting 127. Still, the DX felt much quicker. The '02 also has a lot of little creaks and rattles on the interior. The last complaint is gas mileage. Honda claims 32 city and 38 on the hwy. I do a mixture of both and am lucky if I get 30.
Favorite Features
Power tilt and slide moonroof allows you to get some fresh air even if it's raining. Red instrumentation at night allows for easy visibility and a 'different' look. 5 speed manual with a decent redline lets you use every little pony it's got.
Suggested Improvements
Let the passanger have a power door lock switch. Memory seats on both sides. One more cup holder in the back. Leather seating option. Wider tires. Courtesy lights stay on a little longer when you first get it.