2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car!
By jmharrell on 04/20/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Has 129,000 miles so far, original clutch, all original parts besides regular maintenance items like timing belt, water pump and brakes. Runs great, handles great, manual gives it some pretty decent acceleration. Get 33 city/40-50 mpg highway depending on speed and type of highway.

D17a1
By ivan c on 03/26/10 21:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well this is my first car, and all I have to to say is that it's great. I have only but 10,000 miles on it, and in total it has 49,000 miles on it. The only thing I wish would be better is it's speakers. The stock ones are truly horrible. Over all it is a good car just boring and not great looking.

My Honda Civic 2002 Ex (Automatic)
By Raj on 02/10/10 03:45 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I bought this car about 1 year back and already have put 9000 miles on it. Currently the odometer reads 67000 miles. This is a small beautiful car with a wonderful gas millage. With an automatic transmission I get about 25-26 miles/gallon in the city and 32-35 miles/gallon on the highways. Other than the usual regular scheduled maintenance I the car requires nothing and runs perfectly fine. I changed the battery this winter. The only complain with this car is its poor factory installed audio/speaker system.

I want to like it...
By Lauren on 01/08/10 15:20 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car from my Mom, and when she had it she had 0 problems with it. Now that I inherited it, I am having all sorts of problems. Car idles VERY roughly at start, bucks and shudders sometimes while accelerating particularly between 50-60 mph, sometimes hard to accelerate. This problem is intermittent so it's been hard to diagnose and so far no one has been able to fix it. It makes driving the car a huge pain when it's happening. Check engine light has been on for a while now. Always took care of it and brought it in for routine care. Really, really disappointed.

Best 300,000 miles ever
By jhiscivic on 11/12/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic brand new and will never sell. It has 299,000 miles today and have only replaced front pads, tires, and two alternators. No scheduled maintenance or tune-ups ever done. Change the oil with standard oil every 10,000 miles. Car has been a dream come true. Just wish the new ones were not so over priced.

Once Reliable... Now Not So Sure...
By Sean on 07/15/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from my sister over 5 years ago (she bought it brand new). I've always been on time with the scheduled maintenance and haven't had any huge repairs other than the timing belt and water pump combo repair that cost about $1400. But NOW... some days when it starts, it will idle very rough and can barely climb hills. The engine seems to be misfiring even when I drive during any driving conditions. Brought it to the local shop and they can't find anything wrong. I feel very betrayed by my Civic just because I've always done the maintenance on time. Changed the spark plugs and ignition coils and still runs like garbage.

LOVIN' My Civic
By HappyHondaOwner on 06/08/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new, not a single repair. Still has original brake pads! Fantastic gas mileage, very fun to drive. Had to get aftermarket sound system as the factory version wasn't very good in 02. Planning to drive for 10 more years!

Satisfaction going from point A to B
By Rob on 05/25/09 04:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent RELIABILITY is the bottom line here along with the NOTORIOUS Honda expected longevity makes it what it is, a great ride. Being a Civic it is not the luxury liner, but who wouldn't know that getting into it from the start? Works for me just fine as I am 5'10" 210#, anyone much larger would most likely make this model too small. Highly recommended for what it is. Change the oil, tires, maintain it as recommended and keep it clean and you will be a happy camper.

Good Car - Not Perfect
By AtTheLake on 02/10/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Drive train and suspension are rock solid after 135K miles. Great gas mileage. Would buy another, but can't say the car is total nirvana. Had little things go wrong, fuel sender and interior light switch malfunctions at 40K and more usual stuff fail later on, but overall a decent little car.

Perfect for a 1st time driver
By Smart Wins on 02/03/09 10:24 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car approx. 3 months after I got my license almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I was smitten when I got behind the wheel. If your a 1st time driver, or a person who just wants a car to drive, and isn't concerned with "fun" driving this car is 100% perfect for you. But for myself, now I want more power, and huge fun factor when I'm driving, so off to the '08 G35x