2001 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic EX
By mkuratana on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive, economical, very reliable

No Heat On My Feet
By BrianWilkins on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's a good car, but Honda has been less than helpful with service. I have been called a problem by my dealer and told by Honda corporate that having no heat come out of the floor vents isn't a problem (I live in Buffalo,NY - it's a problem). So if you want to stay warm in winter, look elsewhere.

Nice car
By pk on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall excellent vehicle

Excellent value for the $
By rick217 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A very good car in it's class. Engine and transmission are smooth and so far flawless on my car, power is quite good considering the car class. Ride is a little stiff,the road handling is excellent despite the mediocre stock firestone tires. My a/c works very well even on the hottest days. Interior finish and trim is also very good. Reliability to date is excellent. My driver door needed a very minor adjustment, it was not aligned perfectly (I am very demanding). At 15000km had no other problems at all! For those complaining about honda quality, apart from the Corolla other choices are much worse look at the horror stories with Focus or Cavalier...

The BEST OF THE BEST !!
By MDBoy on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car in its class or perhaps in any other class...for mere $14,000. I bought my Civic brand new in its first production year.(usually first production years are troublesome.) So far the car has given me nothing but pure happiness. I have driven a cross the country 2 times with it. I am falling in love with this car. The handling is great, the design is superb, re-sale value is topnotch, reliability is somthing to brag about..and not to mention, its safty beats Mercedes Benz C-Class sedan (Check out National Highway and Traffic Safty Association website @ www.nhtsa.dot.gov).

A So So Vehicle...
By JTNYC on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My vehicle is a 2002 EX but I wanted to post this now! Hopefully it will help someone out if you are thinking of buying a Civic for reasons of low gas mileage! This model gives me 23-25 mpg, 85% highway and 15% local. I brought it to the Dealership at Hillside Honda in NYC where I purchased the vehicle and they said that no-one is getting the 32-38 miles per gallon b/c all cars are on oxygenated gas and they won't perform a fuel consumption test. This says a lot about the service behind the name Honda doesn't it...crummy services! I will stick with Toyotas or Lexus if I have more money! I have learned my lesson!

great car for the money!
By alem100 on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2-door EX coupe, auto. w/side a-bags, metallic silver. I've had no problems mechanically at all with the car. I've noticied a couple of my fellow reviewers mention dashboard noise &/or rattling inside the cabin. I have never heard any noise up to this point; in fact, the cabin is very quiet. I like the convenience features that came standard like the sunroof, A/C, cruise control (HUGE help since I drive long distances frequently), power windows etc and ABS. Fuel efficiency is excellent, especially on the highway.

Civics rock
By anne337 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is the best car -- by performance and looks -- for the price. Great gas mileage, gets a lot of looks, and the easiest to customize.

Excellent
By Nirmalp on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I would say this is my best choice ever !

excellent
By azn boi on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent Car I own one and i think it is a wonderful car to drive around town with. I love Honda!