2001 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car
By idabyrd on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Civic EX COupe is one of the most reliable, fun to drive, and good looking cars around for the money. The automatic has a good amount of pick up, but the 5-speed is highly recommended for you driving pleasure. The driver side has an armrest which is nice for long commutes. Finally, this is a perfect car for college kids. I was able to fit an entire one-bedroom apartment from ikea in the trunk with ease thanks to the 60/40 split rear seats. FOr a sportier look, add a spoiler. :)

I love my Civic
By Aimee Lyn on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When I was going to buy a new car I asked all of my friends what I should buy most people said if you want a reliable car that will last buy a Honda. I couldn't have gotten better advice. At first I had my heart set on the 2001 Saturn SC2 but after driving the Saturn and then driving the Civic I was sold, the Civic ride was much more smoother than the Saturn and the price was much more reasonable, I couldn't see paying more for a bumpier ride so of course I bought the Civic. I love my 2001 Honda Civic Ex Coupe. I haven't had any problems except for the tire getting a hole it it from a nail. (opps my bad)!

Smooth Sailing
By W. Stevenson on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what all the bad talk is about this vehicle. We have put nearly 21000 miles on ours since July of 2001 and not had a single problem. The car is very reliable, efficient and fun to drive.

LEMON, Do Not Buy!!!!!!!
By njbeasst on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with my car. i have had the drives side seat track replaced 3 times, the front end of the car has always made noise and Honda tells me i have to live with it. They tell me its normal for brakes to make noise. I understand this, but it not only makes noise while i am braking it also makes noise while i am turning and going over bumps. I have had the drivers side front strut replaced, the bushings in the front replaced the first week i had the car.

What happened???
By lemoncivic on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This latest edition CIVIC fetures a very bouncy rear suspension, rattle prone interior, Sluggish engine thumpy transmission and questionable interior design quality standards. It will hold it's value as all HONDa's due. This is the only real plus about this car. The exterior design is beyond Vanilla especially on the very ugly sedan. Stay with a used model 97 - 00, an example of the finest CIVIC ever made.

Honda EX Coupe
By Linda Clay on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Over the last 13 years, I've owned four new and three used Civics. I've had no maintenance problems with my new Civics. They're awesome cars and dirt cheap for the excellent quality that you get. They are classy inside and out. I can't find a comparable vehicle. I've compared the Civic to the Celica and the Eclipse, both of which look great but cost thousands more and don't have the extras that the Civic EX comes equipped with (power everything, sunroof). That's why I keep buying them!

2001 civic ex coupe
By blackthree4me on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

good car a litle pricy but fun to drive and keeps up good in trafic

2001 Civic EX
By 30 something on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability so far. Nothing unexpected.

Honda's gone downhill & cheap!
By WhatHappenedToHonda on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After having several previous Honda's, I am very disappointed in my 2001 Civic. It rattles from everywhere (partly because everything is hard plastic now, not cushioned vinyl), the suspension squeeks and pops, the fuel gauge is never accurate, the windows always fog, the doors leak water into the interior, the carpet is thin and already matted flat, and the paint is pealing off the rear bumper. As far as being cheap (keep in mind this is the top of the line Civic) - - all plastic door and rear panels, no lighted glove box, vanity mirrors or courtesy lights in the doors. Are we sure this isn't a Hyundai??

Same old, same old
By mrf on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Same old, same old reliable Honda. Overall, I would have to rate this new Civic as excellent, as all Honda products tend to be. Maybe a bit bland in some areas, but fun to drive and very rliable. Some cost-cutting is evendent in the newer models however...but just go down to a GM dealership and sit in one of their POS's (any...Chevy to Cadillac) and you'll think you just went to heaven.