Used 1993 Honda Civic del Sol S Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

Love my del Sol
By gtags1

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

When my daughter got her license rather than find a car she was comfortable with I gave her my 2009 Civic (which has 120K on it). I was lucky to find a 93 del Sol automatic with only 85K, new paint job and tires for $3500. To say driving it is a blast is an understatement. The driving position is low to the ground reminding me of my 85 Prelude. Pop the top off and put it in its holder in the trunk and slide down the back window and its a dream to drive on a summer day. Power won't blow you away but that's not what this car is about, it's just fun to drive, it handles great, is very stable and on my first fill up I got almost 37 mpg! Looking forward to having this car for many more years!

Removable top and slide down rear window. Low seating position, huge leg room

Maybe a little more pickup.

Awesome little sports car!
By big_clocks

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Bought a black 93 Del sol S with 121k miles on it about 3 months ago. It was an amazing car while it lasted. It got great gas mileage and never had a problem. Unfortunately, I was cut off and this car was absolutely totaled. I gotta say, for such a small car, it kept me safe, I had no injuries whatsoever, in a 50mph crash. Too bad it hadn't held up better though, the engine was toast because the front end didn't hold up. I plan on buying another one any day now, I love these cars!

Back window rolls down, removable hard top

Fix the cup holders and the leaky top, and you have a perfect car.

Best car I have ever owned
By David

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Del Sol last summer for 3100, A STEAL in my opinion. GETS AWESOME GAS MILEAGE, I average 38 mpg. Is great overall, I would say the only complaint is that it is to perfect, lol. I only have 116k on mine, and would expect her to go another 200k without any trouble. If you are considering buying a Del Sol, I would say make sure to get one that is stock, It seems like to many people think it is cool to modify these Del Sols and make them look terrible. I have only replaced the speakers since the old ones died. I just wish there where more of them out there. I have only ever seen 2 others since i have owned mine.

Convertible, gas mileage, quality, short trow shifter, top storing in truck, small engine, reliability.

Maybe a trunk release on the inside of the car.

Lots of bang esp for the buck
By BJ Adair

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I drive it pretty hard and it always responds with virtually no problems.

371,000 Miles and Counting
By John

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I bought the car new in 1993. At 288,000 miles I bought a Japanese exchange engine because the original engine started to use oil and it was cheaper to buy a "used" engine from Japan and replace the clutch. Total cost about $1800. I love the car even though it is noisy, the sun visors are useless, and there are no functional cup holders. Besides the replacing the engine the only time I had a mechanical problem was when the distributor wore out at 295,000 miles. That is the only time in 15 years the car stranded me. It gets 32 to 35 mpg and that's driving at 80+ mph. It is a great car overall even though it has the less powerful engine.

Mileage, Targa top, Easy to get into tight parking spaces, Back window comes down Roomy trunk with roof holder, you don't have to leave your hard top at home. it fits in the trunk and there's still lots of room for other stuff.

Better cup holders Get rid of the sun visors