2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Always Buy Honda
By ashbmcc

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I honestly love my Honda Accord. I bought it with 88,000 miles 2 years ago and now have 130,000. I drive a lot and needed a good quality car. Honda is the way to go, and especially an accord. I've contemplated selling my car only because of the loan I used to buy it is sinking me. But, I just can't actually get to the point of wanting to give up a car I really enjoy having and one that has been so reliable. When I bought it two years ago with 88k miles on it, it was Honda certified with a year warranty I paid extra for. I shouldn't have purchased the warranty, although always good to play it safe, but I never needed to use it. Great car. Love it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats!!

Suggested Improvements

The back side windowsare sometimes difficult to check my blind spot, but this also more so for me since my windows are tinted. But I think the back side windows should be a little bit bigger with less space between the back side window and the side doors.

Boring, Dull but Reliable
By andysomogyi

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is definitely not in the BMW 3 series league. I had the V6 - 6 speed model with the sport suspension. Understeered fairly bad, rolled and wobbled badly on corers, and despite fairly good HP numbers, acceleration felt uninspired. This car had no personality, it just basically ran -- dull exhaust note, non-communicative steering. If you just want a commuter car, this is probably fine, but don't waste your money on the V6. You want a more performance oriented car, look elsewhere.

Favorite Features

Good reliability

Suggested Improvements

everything else.

WOW!
By TC

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Super car. Bought used with about 50,000 miles. Drives excellently. 3 accords in my family. All super! The v6 is so smooth! 6 speed manual takes a little getting used to . Especially after I drive my wife's auto 4 cylinder. There is some kind of flaw with 3 rd gear. Sometimes does not want to go in. Thought it was my used version. But hearing others have the same problem. When you want to get down and boogie . The thing will really move. Or will be a super smooth commuter. It is a real 4 seater even though a coupe. I have driven the latest models. I will not give this one up for one of those. Honda needs to get better with new models. Hyundai is a real threat now. My 06 is a+

Favorite Features

QUALITY everywhere, Engine, Looks , Performance, All rounder. I also have a tow hitch and pull a JET BOAT!

Suggested Improvements

3rd gear issue.

Wish it was a bit better!!!!
By CoronaL

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd new honda in the past 3yrs for my family. 2 previous were practically flawless, however this one has been somewhat of a PIA. 3rd gear is problematic to shift into at times, and dealer "cannot replicate the problem". I'd challenge they haven't really tried. Known problem for this transmission in a minority of cars. I don't have time to do other peoples jobs so I suffer through it. Otherwise I really like the car, it's very comfortable, handles well, is good in winter etc. Just wish that MPG was a bit better, I have yet to hit the HWY rating even at 65mph on even interstate I'm falling 3-4mpg short. 3rd Gear is synchro issue, but dealer won't fix it, making car less fun.

Favorite Features

Interior ergonomics, stereo is decent for stock. Leather is nice, better than my 70k Corvette. Seats are very comfortable. Good interior room. Handling decent for sedan and weight.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission problems with 3rd gear synchro, dealer won't fix as they can't reproduce problem. I understand they can't go around replacing transmissions without knowing it's for sure bad. However, I work 60-90 hrs a week, them taking 2mins to say car is ok is very frustrating. Also, MPG not good!

no bmw but 10K less
By yachtracer

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is actually my first Honda. When I bought it I was amazed at the trim level for the price. This has all the bells and whistles. Having researched it mostly on edmunds.com, there were no surprises, except for a little for torque steer than expected. It is extremely fun to drive, fit and finish is fantastic, the oversteer could easily be corrected, at the price, it has no peer and is 10k less then a comparable BMW

Favorite Features

very smooth 6 speed, great leather seats, nice tushy warmers.

Suggested Improvements

work on the torque steer. Styling is a little plain, doesn't look good in any color than sapphire blue.

A very nice Honda
By tlh4tung

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever Honda and I love it a lot. Nice styling and good build quality. I own a black one and took it to tint window and install HID headlight now the car looks as nice as a BMW. The performance of the car is excellent but need some practice for the cluch before get used to it. Haven't try to push the car hard but you can feel a lot of power above 3000rpm. A very comfortable, fast and fun to drive car for everyday use.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior style. Good built quality and honda reliability. The best car in the class!!

Suggested Improvements

Can use better tire for the car and LSD would be nice too. Stronger brake is necessary and audio jack for iPod is also as well.

A superb car
By Maddog

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have read reviews complaining about rattles and premature wear and tear on the interior parts. After 7 months my car is rattle free, vault solid, and the interior is flawless. It handles better than I expected and it is really fast.Itis still a pleasure every time I get in the car - I find reasons to go driving in spite of the current gas prices.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior, great handling, and the sensational engine.

Suggested Improvements

None

Darn good value overall!!
By Bill

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The engine is great. Interior and exterior styling is awesome! The perforated leather is soft and of good quality. Seats are extremely comfortable. The car rides very nice and smooth. The 17" wheels and lower profile tires on this years V6 6M look sweet. Smooth shifting is difficult sometimes as another person mentioned. In traffic the clutch can be quite demanding as it's especially springy; much more than your typical clutch. The brakes are not quite up to par with the performance. Handling could stand to improve a bit as it's a little cushy feeling on fast turns. Overall you'd be hard pressed to find a better value in this range. With a few tweaks, this car would be unbeatable!

Favorite Features

High quality perforated leather, radio, nice wheels and lower profile tires, spoiler (really adds a lot), carbon fiber accents on the black leather interior, LED lights, heated seats and mirrors, lots of storage spaces, dual polished exhaust, and the styling of the exterior and interior

Suggested Improvements

Adjustments to the clutch so it is more user-friendly and comfortable. More responsive brakes and steering to keep up with the performance. HID headlamps would be a nice touch also. A better experience with my local Honda service dept.

Hard to top for 27k
By Dave

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is probably the best car I have ever owned. The interior styling and the quality of the materials makes you feel as though you are driving a 50k car. The car has the right balance of luxury, comfort, and performance without looking and feeling like a family car. Quick quiet and fun to drive and turns heads too.

Favorite Features

Styling and interior quietness and comfort, XM Radio, carbon fiber accents. Heated seats, auto climate control, 6 speed manual.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would like to see is better resistance to rock chips. Paint on hood has deep rock chips. Probably due to environmental regulations on paint solvents which make paint harder and more durable. Would like to see power passenger seat, and drivers seat memory function.

2 FAST
By HONDALVR

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's fun. It's fast. It almost drives its self. Shifting is effortless. It can do 80mph at 2,500 RPM. Probably the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

The interior is beautiful. The XM radio is a must have. The 17 inch wheels for the EX V-6 6M are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Sorry None.