Used 2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Always Buy Honda
By ashbmcc

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I honestly love my Honda Accord. I bought it with 88,000 miles 2 years ago and now have 130,000. I drive a lot and needed a good quality car. Honda is the way to go, and especially an accord. I've contemplated selling my car only because of the loan I used to buy it is sinking me. But, I just can't actually get to the point of wanting to give up a car I really enjoy having and one that has been so reliable. When I bought it two years ago with 88k miles on it, it was Honda certified with a year warranty I paid extra for. I shouldn't have purchased the warranty, although always good to play it safe, but I never needed to use it. Great car. Love it.

Heated seats!!

The back side windowsare sometimes difficult to check my blind spot, but this also more so for me since my windows are tinted. But I think the back side windows should be a little bit bigger with less space between the back side window and the side doors.

Boring, Dull but Reliable
By andysomogyi

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is definitely not in the BMW 3 series league. I had the V6 - 6 speed model with the sport suspension. Understeered fairly bad, rolled and wobbled badly on corers, and despite fairly good HP numbers, acceleration felt uninspired. This car had no personality, it just basically ran -- dull exhaust note, non-communicative steering. If you just want a commuter car, this is probably fine, but don't waste your money on the V6. You want a more performance oriented car, look elsewhere.

Good reliability

everything else.

WOW!
By TC

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Super car. Bought used with about 50,000 miles. Drives excellently. 3 accords in my family. All super! The v6 is so smooth! 6 speed manual takes a little getting used to . Especially after I drive my wife's auto 4 cylinder. There is some kind of flaw with 3 rd gear. Sometimes does not want to go in. Thought it was my used version. But hearing others have the same problem. When you want to get down and boogie . The thing will really move. Or will be a super smooth commuter. It is a real 4 seater even though a coupe. I have driven the latest models. I will not give this one up for one of those. Honda needs to get better with new models. Hyundai is a real threat now. My 06 is a+

QUALITY everywhere, Engine, Looks , Performance, All rounder. I also have a tow hitch and pull a JET BOAT!

3rd gear issue.

Wish it was a bit better!!!!
By CoronaL

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd new honda in the past 3yrs for my family. 2 previous were practically flawless, however this one has been somewhat of a PIA. 3rd gear is problematic to shift into at times, and dealer "cannot replicate the problem". I'd challenge they haven't really tried. Known problem for this transmission in a minority of cars. I don't have time to do other peoples jobs so I suffer through it. Otherwise I really like the car, it's very comfortable, handles well, is good in winter etc. Just wish that MPG was a bit better, I have yet to hit the HWY rating even at 65mph on even interstate I'm falling 3-4mpg short. 3rd Gear is synchro issue, but dealer won't fix it, making car less fun.

Interior ergonomics, stereo is decent for stock. Leather is nice, better than my 70k Corvette. Seats are very comfortable. Good interior room. Handling decent for sedan and weight.

Transmission problems with 3rd gear synchro, dealer won't fix as they can't reproduce problem. I understand they can't go around replacing transmissions without knowing it's for sure bad. However, I work 60-90 hrs a week, them taking 2mins to say car is ok is very frustrating. Also, MPG not good!

no bmw but 10K less
By yachtracer

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is actually my first Honda. When I bought it I was amazed at the trim level for the price. This has all the bells and whistles. Having researched it mostly on edmunds.com, there were no surprises, except for a little for torque steer than expected. It is extremely fun to drive, fit and finish is fantastic, the oversteer could easily be corrected, at the price, it has no peer and is 10k less then a comparable BMW

very smooth 6 speed, great leather seats, nice tushy warmers.

work on the torque steer. Styling is a little plain, doesn't look good in any color than sapphire blue.