Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Happy Accord owner
By hnk000

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord se since it was a year old/25k miles. It now has 250,000 miles on it. I've done every maintenance requirement on it. And had only a few problems all things considered. Brought it from la to ca and back. After all this time the only problem I have is the leaks. But after so much wear and tear what else could anyone ask for. A great car. I'm attached still after all these years. And it still looks perfect. Word.

Might as well call it a tank
By JohnBonanno

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I will tell you how great this car is through experience. I bought the car with around 85,000 on it and it ran like a track star. And this was my first car so I was driving it like Dale Earnhardt. I had to replace the radiator (big deal hah) other than that my car is crazy. I think they put armor on the body of accords or something 1) ran over the side of a 2005 Toyota Corrola. Yes I ran the thing over snapping the Toyota's whole axle bent the rim (pretty much destroyed the whole front side of her car) my passenger side fender was dented and I drove away. 2) a brand new sts cut me off and I rear ended her at about 40. Small dent in the bumper the caddie's bumper was destroyed. Trust me buy this car

Favorite Features

lifespan, this car wont break even if you try to break it

Suggested Improvements

4 weel drive, big tires, brush guard, and a roll cage

1 of three I own, need I say more...
By scott

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I own three 97 Honda accords, two Lxs and My SE. My lowest mileage Lx has 135,00 and my highest 212,000. And they all run like new. Have had to do very little with any of them. They wear tires like a dream, usually a set lasts longer than manufacture rating. My tip for everyones weak motor widow troubles is to spray some lube on the window channels going vertically on each side, the problem is not the motor, it is binding friction on the glass sides itself. This will make the windows work like new.

Favorite Features

Easy to see and drive. Very safe and dependable. Great gas mileage, have gotten 34 on cross country trip loaded down. Leather interior is beautiful. Resale. Bought one and drove three years and sold for profit!

Suggested Improvements

Windows need some tlc, but easy fix. Valve adjustments regularly make huge difference in power and mpg. Man. recommends every 40,000 I believe.

Good Car but expensive repairs
By Dockter

1997 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2000 with 74,000 miles. I now have 187,000 miles on it and I've never had a problem with the engine. My complaints are slow rolling windows, suspension has been replaced twice, A/C doesn't work even when it was working and now that it's 11 yrs old the radiator, engine mount and cam seal for timing belt and power steering are all leaking or broken and need to be repaired to the tune of $2,000.00. I just put in $1500 in new locks, actuators, tires and suspension. It's not worth it to me to pay that much since I will only get around $3,000.00 for the car...maybe less. So time for a new one. I'm bummed because the engine rocked and it was a comfy ride.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, stereo system, engine.

Suggested Improvements

A/C, suspension, speed of windows. Noise. Car rattles.

Reliable, Great MPG, Perfect color
By sadtoseeitgo

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car was 2 years old when we bought it. Loved the look & at the time it was a good fit for us however due to back trouble I have to find a vehicle that sits up a little higher. No complaints about this car otherwise. We get about 23 MPG in town. IN LOVE with the color somewhere between silver & gold. Compared to my sisters Camry of the same year the Honda paint job has held up better. We have kept all scheduled maintenance up, so this will be a great car for it's new owner. Also I think this is still a very attractive car

Favorite Features

Reliability, MPG, Structural Integrity

Suggested Improvements

Height, I think this was the last Accord that sits this low