Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my 97
By Jason

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 1 1/2 years old w/ 26k miles. The car now has 264,000 miles and mostly minor fixes due to mileage and age (new radiator in 06), fluid changes, and 1 timing belt so far, plugs/wires etc.. nothing out of the ordinary. I still drive this car 100 miles per day even though I have another 07 Accord and a 03 CR-V all of which have been awesome cars. Easily the best car(s) I've ever owned. Even after all this time its very comfortable and quiet. I am going to run this car till it dies!

Fuel Mileage, Quiet interior, reliability is top notch.

cost of repairs (when rarely needed) its always 500 bucks for some reason. Timing belt needs changed every 100k or so (granted this last belt I got has 140k on it) but the cost of replacement is expensive (600).

Still Running & Looking Great
By Chris

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord in January of 2004 at 90,000 miles. It still runs great thanks in part of regular repairs that it has needed and the simple fact that it's a Honda. I am planing on buying a new Accord this spring so I will miss this car a lot when I trade it in.

Factory sound system, moonroof, folddown rear armrest door, automatic engine fan cool off after you turn off car to cool engine.

Cup holders, Power Windows, Fading Paint, Low sitting on front of car scraps curbs when parking.

Happy Accord owner
By hnk000

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord se since it was a year old/25k miles. It now has 250,000 miles on it. I've done every maintenance requirement on it. And had only a few problems all things considered. Brought it from la to ca and back. After all this time the only problem I have is the leaks. But after so much wear and tear what else could anyone ask for. A great car. I'm attached still after all these years. And it still looks perfect. Word.

Might as well call it a tank
By JohnBonanno

1997 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I will tell you how great this car is through experience. I bought the car with around 85,000 on it and it ran like a track star. And this was my first car so I was driving it like Dale Earnhardt. I had to replace the radiator (big deal hah) other than that my car is crazy. I think they put armor on the body of accords or something 1) ran over the side of a 2005 Toyota Corrola. Yes I ran the thing over snapping the Toyota's whole axle bent the rim (pretty much destroyed the whole front side of her car) my passenger side fender was dented and I drove away. 2) a brand new sts cut me off and I rear ended her at about 40. Small dent in the bumper the caddie's bumper was destroyed. Trust me buy this car

lifespan, this car wont break even if you try to break it

4 weel drive, big tires, brush guard, and a roll cage

1 of three I own, need I say more...
By scott

1997 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I own three 97 Honda accords, two Lxs and My SE. My lowest mileage Lx has 135,00 and my highest 212,000. And they all run like new. Have had to do very little with any of them. They wear tires like a dream, usually a set lasts longer than manufacture rating. My tip for everyones weak motor widow troubles is to spray some lube on the window channels going vertically on each side, the problem is not the motor, it is binding friction on the glass sides itself. This will make the windows work like new.

Easy to see and drive. Very safe and dependable. Great gas mileage, have gotten 34 on cross country trip loaded down. Leather interior is beautiful. Resale. Bought one and drove three years and sold for profit!

Windows need some tlc, but easy fix. Valve adjustments regularly make huge difference in power and mpg. Man. recommends every 40,000 I believe.