2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Want you to know
By gman on 02/20/10 03:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2006 Ford a week ago. First impession: Good acceleration, Not bad body design but eats a lot of fuel and noisy when you drive.

Great Value
By sap on 10/17/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this to use for a highway car, i travel a lot for business and personally as well. Mine is the base model, got it for under $8k and I have to say, nothing else out there could come close to fitting the bill for what I was after. People complain about the road noise, but I believe this is primarily due to the OEM Continentals. What junk. A set of Michelin Destinys turned it into a new vehicle. Barely drivable in rain or snow before they were on there, it's a new vehichle now. One of the best I've ever driven in the winter, and I drive a lot of miles.

My best car yet!!
By grfxgdss88 on 08/14/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus in March of 2009. It was a high mileage car (84,000). This little trooper is awesome!! I've taken several long distance drives (1000 roundtrip) and the gas mileage keeps getting better and better (25.5mpg) The only issue I have with it is when I bought it, the 6-CD changer only was able to play 1 disc. It will not advance. If that's my only issue with this little gem, I have no complaints!!

Great used car
By rich on 07/14/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Safty and good on gas,this car handles well and is just an all around reliable car.roomy too..only real complaint is not noing were the front of car is to sidewalk.But other than that,great comffy car.

Taurus-Value & Performance!
By Jodi on 05/11/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We absolutely love our Taurus! We looked at other makes/models and found the Taurus to be a great value for the size and comfort of the car. We recently took a trip and received almost 26 mpg for mixed hwy/city driving. My husband does the maintenance on the car and we have had no problems with it whatsoever. I travel 60 miles a day for work--so, I need a reliable car. I recommend this car to anyone--it's roomy for family travels, too.

Great deal when purchased used
By Gregg in Milwaukee on 11/20/08 07:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Taurus SE as a 7- month old, used fleet vehicle with 33,000 miles on it. It was a great deal at just $10,000. Cheaper to own and operate that a new or used Toyota or Honda. Mine has ABS brakes, traction control, power driver seat, side air bags, and split folding rear seats. Uninspiring and boring to drive, but a decent, comfortable family car with a massive trunk. Factory radio/CD player has way too many buttons and is confusing to operate. My only complaint is that even after driving my Taurus for 18 months, I'm still unable to judge just exactly where the front and rear of the vehicle are positioned when parking it. Plus, it takes a huge circle to make a U-turn.

Excellent car for the buck
By Dee on 07/22/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the money. Fuel economy, roomy inside as well as the trunk. Can't complain other than the road noise is a bit loud, but the radio works well!

Luke warm
By peggy on 07/09/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because so many people raved about Tauruses. I was unimpressed with features in the SE, tape deck! Why bother? The rear seat doesn't fold down for extra trunk space. Gas mileage was only around 19 mpg in winter, 23 in summer. Sound shielding made listening to radio pointless at highway speeds. I thought pickup and power were great, but wasn't impressed at the handling, steering just not tight enough. I don't think Ford is offering enough quality for the price.

2006 Ford Taurus
By BigsteelerMd on 06/26/08 02:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy 6 feet 5 inches tall and I have ample room. After 2 years of ownership only minor problem with passenger side window. I have owned several V-8 Camaros thru the years so I know a little about power. This car responds well on the highway and I enjoy the ride. I get compliments all the time on my Taurus when it's cleaned and detailed it looks as good as any car on the road and I have the pictures to prove it.

Not a Ford person but love my Taurus
By spikeman on 05/13/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Taurus I've owned and I like these cars. I have a 2006 SE and use it as a all around car my wife and I both use it(our only car) to get to work and do all our running around. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of power but it serves its purpuse. The Taurus is a good car for the money and very safe. I have seen a few in crashes with SUVs and the driver of the Taurus walked away.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.