1994 Ford Taurus 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

LX Wagon (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
nice but unreliable
By AlexVishnu on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

purchased used with only 57K. Very roomy and comfortable. Steering and suspension built excellent for long interstae rides - the driver does not tired, the front passanger can read or sleep. Therefore poor handling on twisty mountain roads: you need to react earier than usual, but I got used to it. I didn't like the seats. but again no seat is comfortable for everyone, my wife liked it. Head gusket failed at 63K, a disgusting knock in the engine emerged soon after that. Starter died at 75K. Now (98K) there is a problems with either driveaxle or differential. 18-21 MPG city, 22-26 highway. Average for 6 cyl in 94

1994 Taurus Wagon Review
By bthbee on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

This car is comfortable to ride in. It can accommodate up to 8 people with the foldout back seat. Things that tend to break are more unusual. Starter motor and ignition switch, window buttons,windshield wiper motor. We did have to have the engine replaced under warranty because of a drip from the oil compartment. I like the car and find that it is reliable. I'd buy the car again. I have to say I don't like the redesign as much.

Blown head gasket, etc.
By Trading it in on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Wagon

1st year: Dealership ripped me off: water pump, fuel pump, 2 starters (defective parts), keyless entry DOA, various hoses and the coin holder is holding the previous owners pennies hostage. Dealership had it longer than I did the first month. 2nd year: Since then: replaced radiator, 1 starter, replaced 1 brake light, a/c died, radio is losing it too, blown head gasket and 2 other leaks, at least one of us has carbon monoxide poisening, tranny is leaking, 6 mn. old radiator leaking. Dealership has it now and for me to repair it will turn it upside down! Consumer reports did not say anything about a defective head gasket!