Used 2003 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

All i can ask for
By mrfixit1993

2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this truck for my 18th birthday/ graduation gift. i love it i drove a 95 s10 for a year befor loved the s10 but the ranger has more power. the only thing i miss is towing we have 2 seadoos together they are about 2300 lbs full of gas the truck pulles them good but not fun going up the boat ramp. only thing i wish is that is was the x cab im 5.10 and my head hits the roof and the seat rubs the back window. 5 speed trans could shift better. i get about 21mpgs doing 80 no ac with ac i get like 18 i miss the 20 gallon tank the s10 had. i have put mine through hell and just keeps going change the oil every 3500 miles only problem i had is the thermostat ($150) other then that fine.

easy to reach everything on the dash 21mpgs never let me down

could use more power with ac on

Great little truck
By Bob L

1st truck I ever owned. Bought to make trips to Home Depot. I love the truck, never had any problems. I've loaded this truck to its limit with mulch and fertilizer and the 4 cylinder engine had plenty of power.

Nice radio, A/C works fine.

Little more room behind the seats in standard cab. Longer service interval, 5,000 miles between oil changes too soon.

Great Truck Overall
By Zach M.

Bought this truck as my first new car. Best compact pickup, overall am very pleased with everything. Opt for a 6 cylinder, cause the 4 has no power and lacks great gas mileage. Paint quality isnt very good either. But am overall pleased with the vehicle is fun to drive and looks great with the XLT Appearance package(chrome grill and wheels). Still too new to tell overall reliability!

Chrome wheels and grill. Interior scheme, with platinum faced gauges and black seats with gray inserts match the silver paint great.

Exterior Paint, fuel economy, and overall build quality.

Safe to wreck!
By ill_iterate

I was envolved in a bad collision. A lady in a civic tried to cross the street while I was doing 55mph...So? The Civic is gone to automobile heaven, and that truck was fixed and still runs great! Just a small bend in the frame! This truck is stout, but get the 4.0 because my 3.0 is lacking power.

Looks inside and out.

The 3.0 needs more than 150bhp. Otherwise nothing!

mine , not yours
By winner308

i bought this truck for one reason...look at how many are still on the road. enough said !