2000 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: good overall truck

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT Extended Cab Pickup (3.0L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Manual)

good overall truck
By heath on

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck that I know is reliable. I have put this truck through hell and it still runs like it is brand new. i have 78,000 miles on it now and it still runs the same. Good power for the engine size, but terrible gas mileage. There are only two things I dislike about the truck. One is it gets terrible gas mileage and the other is that the truck has holes underneath the fender flares. Whoever made this design of holes underneath the flares is not very smart. Some people might want to take those off and now they have 40 or 50 holes in the side of their truck. I am one of these Ford customers who has this problem.

The low range for the four wheel drive has a lot of torque. I have been impressed the way the truck pulls in the mud for the size engine it has.

My truck needs to have better gas mileage and to have something done with all of those holes on the outside of my truck, but besides that I like the truck a lot.