Used 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Truck
By razorback49

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

We bought this little truck in Phoenix Arizona off a little mom and pop lot. Ranger XLT, Tonneau cover, 15 inch American racing wheels. It had 77,000 on it when we bought it and now has 126,500 and still going strong. Only thing we had to do to it was replace a front rotor and pads. Just had all the fluids changed and not a glitch to date. Once we moved to Oklahoma found out real quick, doesn't move in snow forget it if it is 2 wheel drive but then again that is normal for a little pick up anyway. We are going to drive this one till it is duct taped together and maybe get a 4 x 4 Ranger next time. Extended cab or supercab so the beagles can ride too!

Favorite Features

Everything within easy reach, HWY mileage usually around 25 at 75 and 80 not that you get there in 20 seconds! Once you get it past 60 you can go pretty good. With the fiberglass tonneau cover can't haul anything very tall,not even and ice chest. Love the drivablity of it, easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Interior parts a little too much plastic. Broke a couple of window cranks, cheap enough at Auto zone. Sliding glass window seal has failed once, was a pain getting someone to fix it.finally ran a butter knife down it and filled across with silicone and wiped off the excess fixed the problem.

Great Truck
By Jammerx

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my Ranger new. It is has the 2.5 I4 and 5 speed. It has served my family well and is about to become my daughters vehicle. We have had no problems with this truck. None. I cannot say that about any other vehicle I have ever owned. Would gladly purchase another Ford product. Gets great gas mileage, and is small enough to zip around in. Have towed a small U haul when we moved from Maine to the south... No issues. Its is still our daily driver as we teach our daughter to drive... (clutch is still intact LOL!!) Again GREAT VEHICLE!!!

Favorite Features

Good all around small pick up...

Suggested Improvements

Wish ours would have had tilt wheel.

Great Little Truck!
By Satisfied Driver

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I recieved this car brand new when I was sixteen in exchange for getting a full ride to college (I was pretty spoiled). I drove it until Christmas 2009 when I got t-boned and they totalled it out. One weird thing: after four wrecks (never give a teenager a new car people!) the air bags have still not deployed. I have never had a head-on collision, which may be the key. The good things: great gas mileage (~20mpg), the bed holds all my junk when I moved in and out of college, and I've never had to make any major repairs in ten years of owning it. There were two small things, both under $150. Two-seater truck isn't great for a family but it was perfect for me and I'll sure miss it!

Favorite Features

Chrome, V6 was fun!, very safe (no injuries in 4 bad wrecks), runs great even after 100K miles, spacious bed, even good for roadtrips (we took it from OK to FL and back!) Loved that truck!

Suggested Improvements

Get a good truck box for the bed! (Ford should really offer these as an option.)

First truck and lovin it!
By richardheppner

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is my first pickup and I've enjoyed it. I have a 2000 that I picked up from the inlaws for little to nothing. It only had 30,000 miles and was hardly driven for a couple of years. So I got what I considered a super deal, and a great truck like brand new. I've had nothing but just a serpintine belt go bad and replaced. Super reliable!

Favorite Features

I love the look and the cool drive. I love the cdplayer too. I don't have power windows, but they roll down super easy, just takes a small effort. I also love the color, a reddish maroon, I found a cool A.R.E. topper, and I'm set.

Suggested Improvements

Probably the check engine light which will hopefully go off when I get it fixed. Hasn't caused any problems that I noticed.

Trusty Ranger
By Mattalicious

2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have never had any major issue with this pick-up and it has met or exceeded my needs all the time. Drove it from east Texas to Colorado and back and never had an issue (except me driving in the snow!). Would have preferred a V6 for more horsepower, but for my basic uses and the gas prices lately I am happy with my 4 cylinder engine. Road noise isn't the best but with a good CD playing, the sound system can drown it out pretty well. I will always prefer to drive around in my Ranger than any other vehicle (including full-size trucks and any car) just for comfort. Easy to drive because it isn't too big, but it is able to do light-duty hauling and other work.

Favorite Features

Comfort of driving and visibility.

Suggested Improvements

A little more chrome. Mandatory V6 for horsepower