2000 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
a good working truck...
By riva40 on 03/20/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck since 2004 and never had any problems. its good on gas and the ride is quite comfortable, highly recommended!

Love It!
By rgattic on 07/31/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought is two years ago and so far so good! I get about 26 MPG (mostly highway miles on the 2.5L engine). I also use often for home improvement. I built a deck with it and have carried some heavy loads for my landscaping and the truck is holding up great!

I like my Truck.
By Rich on 05/17/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 2000 Ford Ranger brand new. I currently have 139,000 miles on it. I have always changed my oil before I hit the 3000 mile mark. I have not any major problems. I tuned it it myself at 100,000 miles. I have had the cooling system flushed 2 times and the transmission flush 2 times as well. This is just maintenance items that I personally like to take care of. My front brakes lasted well over 100,000 miles and the rear drum brakes I changed at 105,000 miles. It is a great truck. I wash my engine every 2 months at the car wash (I cover the electric parts and so forth of course). My paint still looks nice, shiny and clean. Next time I will get the 4x4 for winter driving.

mine
By 56 on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

this was and is a beautifull car. if i had enough money to buy any car id want it would only be a brand new ford ranger. I love fords and the ranger is deffinently my favorite of the fords. thank you very much

1st day and love it!
By ranger_newbie on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I haven't owned this truck for 24 hours yet and I already know I'll form a strong bond with it. The 2.5L 4-cyl isn't the world's strongest engine, but with the 5-sp manual it has plenty of around town pep. Good ergonomics, amazing legroom for my 6'6" body and a decent radio. Tight but forgiving ride on sport suspension. It's pretty much a base model, but the XLT wheels and the slightly higher ride height make it look good. I hope I can report back here with more good news once I have more time with it.

Performance +
By Ranger Fan on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Second Ranger, first qwas a 1997, served me well. But the 2000 has more spunk, bigger tires, handles like a bigger truck. Well satisfied with quality, Ride and looks.

2000 Ranger XL Sport
By ctcoogan on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had a wonderful experience with my Ford Ranger. In my nearly 3 years of ownership I have only needed a fuel pump replaced, which was covered under the warrenty. This truck gets decent fuel economy too. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who needs a basic truck to do just about any non-commercial task you throw at it.

Passed a Rollover
By Gina Walker on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My husband totalled his Ranger last Friday. In the accident, the truck rolled several times down a hill and landed on its top. Though this site has no ratings for rollover testing, the truck held up unbelievable well. The cab remained virtually untouched. Luckily, he walked out without a scratch! Of course, he had on his seatbelt. Built Ford Tough.