Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

My ride
By Jonny

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros- This car looks great and handles very well. With a 6 speed auto trans its not too bad on gas with a 3.0 in city i get about 22 mpg. Cons- Replaced Wheel bearing $300 bill at 38,000 miles and battery with two years of manuf. date, not too bad but they came at the worse time when money was very tight. Because money is tight i am selling my car but i hopes of one day owning another fusion this has been a fun, fast, sexy looking car from the start letting go is going to be one of the hardest things i do IF i can do it. I would highly suggest this car if you're looking for something all round these are here to stay. (did hurt my back at first tho) and the inside feels cheap

Favorite Features

clock lights up, smooth ride, informative dash, cheap repair, will last, fast

Suggested Improvements

i would stay strong wheel bearings but i did hit a pothole very hard, but better battery $110 expense on a car not even 2 years old

Everything's Great Except the MPG
By Mark H.

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2008 Fusion SEL V6 used with 30K miles on it (my first American car, only Honda and Toyotas before this). Great looking car, great performance, plenty of power, very nice amenities. Time will tell on the reliability. My only beef with this car is the gas mileage. I don't know how in the world people here are stating they get 25 to 32 MPG out of this V6 unless that is going 65 mph on cruise control without AC running. I am getting a horrible 19- 21 MPG with mixed city/highway driving and I drive it very easily, rarely floor it or fully utilize the V6. I will probably get an accord when I pay this off just because of the poor gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Looks, leather, wheels/tires, MS Synch.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a more efficient V6 engine.

Bad motor at 17k miles.
By ranger59

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is overall a nicely styled car that handles well. Mileage is in the low to mid 20s depending on the time of year. The motor was replaced do to a factory defect of the engine block that an caused oil leak. The dealer did a great job helping me out with the problem. The big issue is that Ford will only pay for a re-manufactured engine after the first 12k miles. What a bunch of bull! I believe that at that few miles I should have got a new crate engine.

Favorite Features

Car has nice styling, drives well, and the mileage is pretty good for an awd car. Comfort level is good.

Suggested Improvements

Need better quality control over engine assembly. You have to buy the top of the line SLE package to get some items such as dual temperature controls and compass/outside temperature reading.

08' Fusion SEL
By vilstb

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Thanks to my in depth review from this exact site I purchased my 08 Fusion in August 2009. I have put 25K on the Fusion since and the car has been flawless. Talk about headache free, sporty style, and great MPG with the 3.0 L. (24-30 hwy/city) Ford has really changed their image and it has definitely changed my mind about there business. I'm 25 years old and can genuinely say I believe the new styles are eye catching for my generation. Ford has me hooked!

Favorite Features

Interior, Sporty

Suggested Improvements

250-275 HP Fusion

Will i buy this car when the lease is up?
By John

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this great car when it had 3500 miles on it, got a GREAT DEAL.The pa winters are rough and the car with awd is fantastic. My dilemma is should i buy the car when the lease is up. Looking at the Buick lacrosse, ford taurus and Volkswagen cc all with all wheel drive.The prices are ridiculous and this has it all and only 22,000 miles, looks like a no brainer.

Favorite Features

awd and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Trans is a little noisy on take off