2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great Commuter Car!
By Chris on 10/01/07 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had a very bad experience with a Hyundai, traded it in for this Fusion. 4 cyl, 5 speed auto, black on black cloth. The car rides extremely well, offers a controlled but supple ride. The engine has enough grunt to get you from point a to b, I bought it as a commuter car and mileage was my primary concern, so I'm pleased with my 25 mpg city and 30+ highway. High quality cloth seats, my only gripe is that the door panels don't feel sturdy. Just hoping it wasn't a complete lemon like my Hyundai was.

2007 Ford Fusion
By fusion07 on 09/21/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new car! I was trying to decide between a Fusion and a Milan when I purchased, but I am very very happy with my choice. I'm getting 29- 30 on the highway with a V6! The build quality is great, ride is great! Awesome job Ford! FoMoCo is back! Watch out Toyota, Fusion is a sign that Ford will not be denied!

Initial impressions
By Richard on 08/26/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The I4 is a little "raspy" on acceleration but not unduly so. Seems to have plenty of power even with four very good sized adults. Roomy and comfortable. The interior really seems exceptionally well thought out. The option did not include the automatic which we did get along with the leather seating which I highly recommend. We have dogs that shed. Seems to be quite roomy both in front and back and I'm over 6'6" tall. At highway speeds normal conversations were highly understandable and I thought the handling was great. No complaints at all. Mileage right on the money at 28 mpg per the window sticker. Getting many compliments based on the light sage color. Styling is excellent.

Fusion Summary
By Arthur on the Bay on 07/28/07 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a person who buys a lot of cars to try them out and compare. I've found that the Fusion hits a sweet spot for me with a combination of performance, handling, and economy that's hard to beat. I like to drive hard and the Fusion is very responsive. The inline four winds out nicely, the understeer is predicable, and the brakes are good. Its truly a hoot to push on a country road. Fuel economy in evenly mixed city and highway driving is 23 mpg when pushed and 25 at normal acceleration. The comfort level is high; it's essentially a Mazda6 in American clothes. Only the Accord is better and its slightly higher refinement is not worth the higher price to me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.