Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I love this car
By judy g

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car 2 weeks ago and I love it. Test drove many others and kept coming back to the Fusion. I am currently coming out of a Camry and I was afraid that I would be disappointed in the quality of another brand, I couldnt have been more wrong. I am more than impressed with everything about this vehicle. I went with the v6 and glad that I did, for the difference in mileage from a 4 cyl, it's nice to know that you have the power if you need it and the engine noise is much more quieter.

Sirius radio, sync, moonroof, and all those extra toys

Turn signal seems to be a bit high and there is a blind spot when backing due to the spoiler.

Loving My Fusion!
By Karen

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I could not have made a better choice. I traded in my '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade for the Fusion. Great gas mileage, roomy and comfortable interior and sporty exterior. I have had it 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Almost bought a Pontiac G6, but called my brother before driving it off the lot - he told me to check out the Fusion before I signed any papers - thank goodness I called him! Found out later that the G6 ranked #20 out of 23 cars and Fusion ranked #4. So many great features at such a low cost - couldn't believe all the standard equipment. Excellent safety rating. I can't stay out of it! I absolutely love it!

How did I live without Sync? Can't imagine not having it now!

Only 2 suggested improvements - 4 cylinder needs a little more pep. I am 5'4" and have trouble seeing when I back out, the head rest is too high and creates a blind spot. Have to rely soley on mirrors.

Gets better every day !
By A.R. Bowen

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My original review was only a week or so after I purchased the car, but now with almost 4 months and 5K miles, I have a better feeling for it now. First of all let me say - I am an avid auto enthusiast and have owned over 30 cars in my 30 years of driving. I originally liked the car a lot, now I love it! Have gotten numerous compliments on it. Vapor silver with the 18" wheels and black/red interior is awesome! The best attribute is the handling. Handles almost as well as my previous Nissan Sentra SER's but has 100% better ride quality. If this car had another 50 - 75 HP , I would be in auto heaven. Upgraded audiophile package is superb! Ford skeptics - drive this car!

Performance package, audiophile sound system with SYNC, black/red interior. Gas mileage - avg. 28. Nice!

More HP for manual shift, split rear dual exhaust, more headroom. Also an outside temp display for SE model.

Love New Fusion
By Toyota Camry Guy

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased new Fusion V6 SEL. The car is great. This car is a lot better than Camry/Accord and Mazda3 for the price and performance. Hope this one will last as long as the Camry I had. Need to drive this vehicle for a while to judge the reliability.

Sync

Interior build quality and GPM

Excellent Car
By Mikey

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for just over a month. Love the feel, drive, Sync, well everything about the car. My parents own a Buick and they like the ride of my Fusion better.

Everything