Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Surprisingly Happy!
By Very Pleased

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 4-cylinder Fusion in February, 2008 - owned it 1 year and 4 months. Coming from an 8-cylinder Explorer, I am surprised at how pleased I am with a 4-cylinder. Although it does rev up pretty high to get up any speed, it does get up there quickly, and I have no problems keeping up with anyone on the highway. I have not had the first problem with this car. On a trip to FL, got 31 mpg. Can't beat that!

Favorite Features

Size, sun roof, 6-changer CD player. Nice extras for the cost, as compared to other sedans we looked at.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Hope she's not totaled!
By Christine

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '08 Fusion in October of last year and I love it more and more every day. It's an amazing car! I opted for the Sport Appearance Package with the 18" wheels and upgraded suspension. It is such a classy looking car, I have people asking me all the time, "What kind of car is that?" or my favorite, "That's a Ford???" It handles beautifully, much better than my last two Focuses. Unfortunately, I was broadsided in it this weekend by a driver going at least 40-45 mph. My Fusion kept myself and my passenger from being seriously injured. 10 for Safety! I'm hoping my insurance company decides she's a keeper and they opt to repair her! If not, I will definitely pick up an '09 Fusion!

Favorite Features

Sync, Power everything, stereo, wheels, red stitching, leather seats, I love everything on this car!

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to see out back window when reversing.

Buy Ford
By Ike

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car over one year and have not had any problems. Driving in the 60-65 mile an hour range on the highway I am getting 30 miles a gallon on the V-6. I will never own any car again except a fusion. Thanks Ford, If you are shopping for a new car, buy American and drive one for a test drive and you will love it.

Favorite Features

Love it just the way it is.

Suggested Improvements

None

Growing on ME!
By It's growing on me

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just financed a 08 Ford Fusion S. So far so good. I like my car, it's very roomy and comfortable. I did not do my research like I should've but after reading reviews on camry,accord, and malibu. I think that my car far exceeds the camry and honda in quality. I will probably trade in a year for a malibu because their reviews are great compared to a midsized car. I have had mines for about a month now, and I am overall pleased. There are a few things that need to be improved on but overall Fusion is a great ride, very smooth and if you don't have a need for speed a good driving vehicle. I do have a problem with acceleration, seems like I'm killing the engine to get it to go. Wish I had a V6.

Favorite Features

I have the basis package so coming from a 99 Ford Escort I like the automatic windows, cd player, and stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Have to get used to the sluggish engine, but from reading reviews, about expected for a 4 cylinder engine. Just a big adjustment for me. Little bit cabin noise, and bad radio reception at time. The rearview is kinda crappy, can't really see over high back, Needs more power and insulation for cabin.

Ford Fusion
By tboom5

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

THe Fusion is my kind of car. I Love this car, I love this cars gas mileage! There is not a lot to complain about, except the rear window. If your looking to buy this car with a spolier try backing up before you buy it. The window sets up higher and the spoiler blocks your view. This is something I did not notice until I backed right into a tree.

Favorite Features

Sync

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable seats, improvements to the rear window.