2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2007 Fusion I-4 5A
By Rick on 06/17/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We needed an efficient family car, and went with a 2007 Fusion. It was $5-7K less than a similarly equipped foreign model.It constantly gets 29.8 mpg with 65% hwy and 35% city driving. We have a K&N air filter installed and use synthetic oil to protect our investment in our attempt to go green. The car constantly turns out good fuel economy and if a comfortable drive for family trips. The 4 Cyl. engine lacks power, but once on the hwy (with the cruise set), it doesn't matter. The Aux input jack for our ipod is great for long trips. My wife drives about 50 miles round trip to work and she loves the interior and ride handling. Though in the city, the 4 banger needs more pep.

Very Satisfying Purchase
By TheDuck on 06/13/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was planning to buy a Pontiac Vibe. I only test drove the Fords so that I could tell my auto worker friend that I gave it a chance. The Pontiac was a great car but the Fusion was just more comfortable and much quieter on these rough Detroit area roads. I tried the Focus too. But when I tried the V6 Fusion I was in love. Driven thoughtfully and with luck with traffic, I can get upt to 22.7 miles while 20.5 is what I get being my agressive self on city streets. On the highway with no air I have gotten just short of 31. I have SYNC and it is a great feature since the local laws forbid driving and using a cell. The Sirius is another unexpected delight but a bit pricey.

Relieved
By sreusch on 06/11/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 05 F-150 4wd 5.4 to save on gas (it was hard) but this made it painless. It's fun to drive, has great mpg, and just feels comfortable. Love the audiophile stereo and the sync

Had to opt for a car
By Curve1 on 06/11/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had to move back into the car world with the current gas prices, and I am happy as could be in my Fusion. The car is well laid out and fun to drive. the engine does not fill the cabin with the "tin" noise I feel most 4 cyl engines have. The leg room up front is great, and I have been able to stuff everything I could think of in the trunk area. I have put on over 3k and my gas mileage is avg 28.2 mpg. I was in a F150 (14.7mpg) so it has been a good choice

Pleasantly suprised and relieved !
By A. Bowen on 05/26/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I reluctantly parked my F150 5.4 V8, like many others, and chose the Fusion to benefit from fuel mileage. I managed to lower my monthly payment and figure to save approximately $200 a month in gas. I had driven the Fusion a couple other times and was not really that impressed. But, I gave it another chance and ended up buying it with a great Ford financing deal. This car is a very pleasant surprise! There is almost nothing negative to say about it. The 4 cyl is adequate with 5 sp manual, but would be much better with more HP. The best part is the Sport Appearance Package - handles like a dream! Buy this car - you won't be disappointed.

Get this car!
By aarondhead on 05/20/08 23:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fusion for 3 months now and I absolutly love it! Even with the 4 banger I have to pay attention or I will look down and see that I am cruising at high speed. I ave 22-26 mpg (depending on how much I am paying attention). I even stepped up and got the Sport edition, 18 inch wheels, spoiler, leather trim, moon and tune (sun and sound whatever you want to call it) with the 6 disc indash and the sound system that you can hear no matter what speed you are going. I am a Mustang guy but could not get one because of the size (I need 4 doors) but I am in no way ashamed of this car. I have had 5 grown (6 ft+) men in it and we were comfortable. Just drive it I know that you will love it!

Good car for a great price
By ODay on 05/20/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For never being a Ford person I was very skeptical even test driving this vehicle. After test driving the fusion and seeing all of the extras available I became a believer. I did my research and found this to be the best car for the price I wanted. After having this car for a while I have absolutely no regrets. I am just as happy as the day I bought it. I was suprisingly happy with the highway gas milleage as I am getting on average 31 MPG. Adding in city driving I got just under 27 MPG average.

Fusion I-4 SE
By mikeyda17 on 05/18/08 05:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Fusion. Car is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of room inside front and back, huge trunk. I'm getting 30 MPG on the highway. The only drawback on this car that I can see is that the initial pick up is slow. Once you hit 40-50 mph pick up improves but initial pick up from a stop position is lacking.

Fun to Drive
By jimb on 05/16/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Volvo S70 AWD for the Fusion S with Auto. I have not regretted this purchase. The car is extremely fun, very economical and tons of room. My best friend is 6'2" and has lots of room in the backseat. The trunk is bigger than my wife's 2003 Taurus and my old Volvo. I totally overwhelmed with the comfort and most of all the 24 mpg in town. This is my 4 Ford vehicle and the best I have ever owned. I recommend the Fusion to anyone who is looking for an economical car that has lots of room. Also, everything one could want for options is standard.

Love this car!
By FusionChica on 05/14/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! It is faster than my V6 Mustang was! I love all the options it is very luxurious but has the spirit of nascar. When you hit the gas, it goes! I love the sound of the exhaust. This is a super fun car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.