Simple Car
By 97vq30de on
2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I got this car with 27k miles. It now has 31k. Exterior is okay, not all that great looking. Interior looks cheaply built. Its comfortable though. Engine is very noisy, especially under load. Transmission seems very responsive. Tires are lame; I can hear them screech on a not very tight curve. I am disappointed that cruise control is not a standard feature. Breaks seem to be responsive but the car leans too much forward. It has a very stiff suspension which I like. There seems to be some squeaky noise on the rear suspension; sounds like its coming from the spring/trailing arm. Its very fuel efficient. Visibility is awful. Makes it harder for me to park or change lanes. Audio is okay.
Favorite Features
Nothing I can think off other than fuel efficiency. Perhaps I am very used to driving my '97 Nissan Maxima.
Suggested Improvements
A quieter engine. I was going to say a better exterior design but that is taken care of with the new generation. Better handling. My 3000lbs+ Nissan Maxima handles a lot better than the Focus. Cruise Control should be a standard option.