What a car!
By alphahusky on
2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Alright, let me preface this by saying I had on '03 PT Cruiser before. Would've been a great car if it wasn't a money pit. This car though, what a dream! Though nowhere near a sports car like the PT GT, it's INCREDIBLY fun to drive! The shifting on this car is more smooth than I could imagine an MT (Manual Transmission) to be. All the creatures comforts and more with AC and XM Satellite radio! The suspension is SO soft! Even hitting a giant pothole on accident doesn't feel as dramatic as it is! The gas mileage is awesome! I only travel short distances, so mine may not be the same as others, but 35 MPG in the dead of winter is more than incredible for me!
Favorite Features
I'll try to go in order: * Shifting - This car is a MT, but shifting with this car is beyond amazing! It's is so smooth.. You don't get any of the "hrumph" when going to another gear (Like you would on other vehicles no matter how much you babied the clutch). * Suspension - Another incredible highlight of this car! Even though it's a used '09, I can't stress enough how incredibly brand new it feels! Mercedes look out! * Roomy Trunk - Though small, this car features a very boisterous trunk with plenty of room for cargo and other items! * XM Satellite - I only had to call up Sirius XM and give them my VIN and payment info and I had instant access to all XM channels! *Stereo is AWESOME!
Suggested Improvements
My following suggestions are subject to current features... Which is to say, if these changes would deplete in ANY way from the rest of the vehicle, I would suggest NO change at all. Larger cabin for the back passengers. Though the front of the cabin is very cozy (even as a tall person), the back barely covers enough space even for my daughter in a car seat. More leg room in the back would be nice, but I would most certainly sacrifice this in favor of what the vehicle currently has.