2009 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
A jewel
By writing4u on 02/01/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My new 2009 Focus SEL is an amazing little car. I had a 2006 Fusion SEL, and my lease just expired, so I bought the Focus SEL. Quieter than the 2.3 Fusion, more responsive, not as stiff, super ride, just as comfortable, amazing trunk, crisper, more fun to drive. I have had: Mercedes, Volkswagen, Honda, Volvo, Dodge, Austin, Wolsely, Pontiac, Renault, Mitsubishi. The two recent Ford experiences/products have been the best by far. I am impressed!

More than meets the eye
By Ryan on 01/26/09 08:42 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a 35mpg (wring out a few more, if you pay attention to the MPG meter) economy car that doesn't make you feel like you are driving an economy car. The motor has plenty of pep for accelerating into freeway traffic, although, it doesn't have much left after 65mph. The car handles very well right off the lot and the ride is surprisingly quiet and comfortable. If you can sacrifice a bit of that quiet and comfort for a greater improvement in handling and style, I would suggest going with the 17" wheel option with the 215/45 tires. I purchased mine after I took delivery of the car and paid almost double. The car overall feels well-built and reliable. I am very satisfied.

Love this thing!
By majoraud on 01/25/09 15:56 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to purchase a small commuter car and since Ford is having such great deals I settled for the 2009 SEL. Leather seats are standard in the SEL, and they are very nice and comfortable, and stylish. The synch feature is great, I can use my cell or launch my ipod just by pushing a button on the steering wheel, and then just talking! Works great. The car rides nicely, and looks good to boot! And so far I am getting 25 MPG in town. My other car is a Lexus, but I am having more fun driving this little Focus. I even had someone comment to me today at the grocery store how nice my car looked! Never expected to get such a nice car for so little money. Thank you Ford!

Don't overlook the Focus
By Sandy Pearl on 01/16/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having an Escort wagon for 11 years, and 100,000 miles (the clutch is still original) I decided to look for a second car. Test drove the Honda but bought the Focus SES Sedan. Right price, good ownership and reliability experience with Ford, and union made. Honda is the Starbucks of the car world. Big money for average coffee.

Fantastic car and fun to drive!
By Pow Pow on 01/16/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a great car that offers excellent gas mileage. I found all that in the Ford Focus (SEL automatic). This car fits me to a "T"! I checked out several options in the same price range and nothing compared. Toyota and Honda are just too boring to drive and are so plasticky and cheap looking (who wants to see another Corolla on the road...certainly not me). I love all the neat gadgets this car comes with! Ford got this car right. I am very very happy with it.

Great little car
By kls on 01/13/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've always owned GM products but decided to try a Ford. I wanted a smaller car because of getting better gas mileage. I was surprised at how stylish the 2009 Focus is. It handles great and gets good gas mileage and is very peppy for a 4 cyl. I do miss my remote start that came standard on my Malibu, the sun visors are very cheaply made, outside temp & compass should be standard on all cars.

Impressed!
By Cathy on 01/08/09 18:15 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 2003 Mercury Sable. Traded it in for the 2009 Focus because the Sable had too many miles and I wanted something that got better gas mileage. I am impressed. It has more get-up-and-go than the Sable, rides every bit as well (actually quieter) and has every bit as much trunk space. Not to mention that it is more fun to drive. The Sync system is nice to have, it is good to have that connectivity in a car. Ford was forward thinking in putting this on their cars. All in all, I do not regret the trade at all. To begin with I was worried that the Focus might seem a lot smaller than the Sable. We didn't loose much.

Great Car Great Price
By sean on 01/02/09 23:23 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We rented a focus while waiting for a 20" replacement tire for our mini van. My wife loved it but it was very plain. After getting the van back we stopped by the local dealer and were surprised at the new model lineup. Our van had 75,000 miles and it was time for a change. The SES package was very well equipped. Better auido system. 6 disk MP3, SYNC, sunroof and nice rims. The LED interior lights are cool and ours is an automatic not 5 speed. Got a very fair deal at 15,000. And much more then expected on the old van. It drives well for a 2.0 and handels just fine. Not much wind noise at freeway speed and cruise control is a plus.

2009 SE
By keepinon on 12/09/08 17:25 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for about two weeks and so far I am very impressed. I Sold a Toyota Matrix to buy this car because I wanted something made in Michigan, my home state. The car is quieter and smoother riding than the Toyota. It has a nicer interior. Although I miss the hatchback utility of the Matrix, I knew that going in. My first tank of mixed city/highway driving in winter weather yielded about 27.8 mpg with the four speed automatic. I got a good deal on the car from the dealer in my town and there were plenty on the lot so I didn't have to order one. Seriously, if you are in the market for a comfortable affordable compact car, take a test drive. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Terrible 2009 Ford Focus
By NannyJune on 12/07/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the first 3 months of ownership, I have been to the dealer 6 times for mechanical and body issues. The car frame was totally out of whack, the front end was not aligned, the driver side wiper flew off in a horrendous rain storm, the powertrain light comes on, the transmission kicks, starts in second gear, rarely can get up to speed. They fixed most of the body issues and the windshield wiper but the rest of the problems linger. No one can find anything wrong I am told but still the powertrain light is lit and performance is bad.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*