Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Solid car that holds it own.
By Chris

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the favorites from Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc. and found that this little car was the best deal for the money. There is no way the other manufactures could compete with the price considering all that comes on this vehicle (SES), not to mention Ford rebates and incentives. This car is fun to drive, handles good, accelerates on a dime, and is good for long commutes. I am discouraged about the insurance though, a little high because of a high symbol rating. Will be interested to see how good the gas mileage really is. Overall though I like this car. Good buy.

Favorite Features

Solid air condition, Sony sound system with sub woofer, cruise control, power everything, radio steering wheel controls, 16" wheels, trunk space, fog lights, peppy engine and well thought out interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control and radio steering wheel controls need to be illuminated at night, you can't see what you're doing in the dark. Front end suspension a little noisy. Visor mirrors could be lighted and the rear view mirror could be upgraded to dimming, temperature etc. capabilities on the SES

Great car....for the price
By johnnash

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car...for the price. If it cost as much some competitors I'd have trouble recommending it, but you get a LOT for the money here with rebates etc. The ride and handling combination is very good for the class. I like the 5 door hatchback...it is more practical than the 3 door but sportier than the sedan. There is plenty of room up front. I'm 6'4" and have no problem fitting. I'm getting around 33 mpg overall with the manual transmission and I read they improved mileage for 2007.

Favorite Features

Ride/handling combo. This car handles much better than you'd think. Fuel economy. Stick shift is easy. Roomy interior. The price was very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the doors so they don't sound so cheap when they close. The cup holder location is too low. Rear head restraints...this is 2006, Ford! Side curtain airbags as an option.

Fun Focus
By Tress

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Easy on gas, handles well in traffic and on open road. Smooth driving.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller back end so would get better vision when backing up.

Love My Car
By Kathy

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car basically for fuel economy. Now that I have it, I don't think I'll buy anything else. I hope Ford continues to improve the Focus. It's a great little car. Mine is basic, keyless entry, automatic, power options, radio, and a cd player. The only thing I wish it had is cruise control. It handles great and rides smooth. I get about 30 miles to the gallon and with prices today, that's a real plus. I hope to have this little car a long time but when I'm ready to trade in, I'll get another Focus.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, wide windshield, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control on the basic Focus.

2006 ZX5 SES Hatchback
By whicker

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Traded in my Sport Trac to get something easier on gas. I love the way it drives and for a 4 cylinder, has great acceleration...more than I had expected! It's fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, 6 cd player.