Used 1992 Ford Festiva Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Festiva

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

Stick It To Big Oil!
By jrpeacher

1992 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Just bought this little jewel. Color of the ocean with pink racing stripes. It turns heads, especially as gasoline climbs back up again. Compared to my Ford 4x4 f150 the Festiva is a godsend!

Favorite Features

gas mileage, comfort

Suggested Improvements

none

The original Zoom Zoom
By mrbodangles

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car has had around 75k miles on it over 16 years. It's a dependable car and fun to drive, with around 33- 37mpg regularly. Even after a t-bone collision (passenger side) and the loss of the front right wheel bearing this car soldiers on. I drive it roughly 180 miles roundtrip every weekend and it continues to impress. Muffler was replaced recently for the second time, car windows are a little 'sticky' after usage in Maine winters. People keep asking to buy it from me, I suspect it's the stylish lines and the amazing handling - I can U-turn where SUVs fear to tread. Also has enough power to travel the Blue Ridge trail withouth breaking a sweat. A good and reliable little car.

Favorite Features

Handling, storage space, looks, comfort, powerful A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio antenna, heat other than in defrost mode.

Never should have been discontinued
By Lagbert

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I averaged about 43 MPG with my Festiva. It was a great little commute car, and I could park or fit just about anywhere. I just hit 218,000 miles when it was hit by individual unable to stay in their own lane. It will most likely get totaled due to the extent of that damage. I wish I could just go out to the Ford or Kia dealership and get another one.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, lots of interior space - I moved an entire dorm room with one back in college.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again - Kia or Ford should bring this little bugger back with modern safety features.

Festiva
By Bruce Irvine

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Cannot kill it and repairs are easy. Gas mileage is close to a hybrid. Interior is VERY roomy.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Overall simplicity.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more luxury accessories, needs better sound isolation/proofing. Needs to be put back in production!

Fun Car
By Scott in Anchorage

1992 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

This was the first car I every bought.... In 1992 I bought it used, only 35 miles though.... A Lady won it in a bingo drawing.... tradeed it in for a different car...so I got a great deal,,....... I drive it in the snow here in Alaska,,... I put studed tires on all four wheels...and it goes great in the snow...as long as it is not over a foot of snow....... Never had a big break down......I loved this car....

Favorite Features

looks cool