2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Should have bought a Toyota

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Should have bought a Toyota
By cadams on

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The test drive must have been on a really smooth section of freeway, because this truck delivers a kidney-bruising ride. Heck, I can't even use the cup holders because my coffee splashes out all over my nice leather. But the real killer is this: with only 3,000 miles it developed an oil leak. Now it's in the shop for the 3rd time (about 1 month that I've paid for a truck I can't use). The shop says they've pulled the motor out and are going to have to separate the bottom half of the block to replace an oil seal. I am disgusted since I'm sure the leak won't be fixed. Save yourself the hassle, get something else. I sure will.

The loaner cars that I get from the Ford dealer while my Exxon Valdez simulator is in the shop are pretty nice. Other than that, it's hard to say, since I haven't had the chance to drive it much. Only 6,000 miles, three 10+ day stays in the shop (plus an transmiossion recall), what's not to like?

Do I really need to say anything here?