Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Great Truck-Love IT
By Jorge

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

5.4 eng+4spd auto+4WD+4.10 lim slip axle= poor gas mileage,lucky to get 14mpg highway w/no load or trailer in tow.Another review reported getting 20+mpg highway with essentially the same set-up.They must drive downhill w/50 mph tailwinds all the time to get 20+mpg or they're dreaming.Poor gas mileage aside,it's a great truck.Wish it had the adjustable pedals.

Favorite Features

Crew cab is well laid out.Ford always has the best ergonomically designed interiors on all their vehicles.Extremely comfortable on long trips.Lots of storage w/rear seats folded up.

Suggested Improvements

Make adjustable pedals standard equipment on large trucks.

Great truck.
By larry

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I enjoy my truck so much. Great for long trips plenty of room for family of 5 with four door cab. The adjustable pedals and back up warning are great options. Had ton of rock on truck and it hauled it like it wasnt back there. Truck even rode softer with load on. No problems with truck just routine maintance

Favorite Features

Love the power pedal adjustment and the carbon fiber trim in cab. 5.4 has plenty of power for a large truck. Auto hubs have manual overide a big plus

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really, maybe less plain interior

Do Not Buy
By das 1

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased this truck brand new. Will never buy another Ford for any reason. 3 months after purchase the power steering would go OUT every time you stepped on the brake which made it impossible to drive in a parking lot or with a heavy load. Complained to dealer & Ford rep they refused to fix an obvious flaw. I also was afraid to drive the truck with any heavy loads because of the brake/steering problem. Explained to Ford & Dealer that this could seriously injure someone and they could care less. Finally got tired of fighting with them and traded for a different brand of truck.

Favorite Features

Decent mileage for a truck that size 16mpg on hwy. Good stereo system, Good visibility at the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the design flaw in the brake/steering system. This Truck should have been recalled by DOT it is a dangerous vehicle to drive and you can't use it for it's intended purpose. Make an effort to care about the traveling public you are selling vehicle's to.

I have been power "stroked"
By joe

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my first 1997 used F-250 diesel. $2700 injecters/$4000 transmission/a few thousand here and there for misc. After around $10,000 in repairs I thought "guess I better get rid of this truck". (and because it had developed a miss) I thought, "maybe because it was used?" So I buy a new 2004 and thought my problems are over. (some of you 6 liter owners are laughing with me (or at me) truck has 40k; been in shop between 20 to 30 times (several times there were no tickets) fuel injection problems, computer problems, turbo problems, new alternator, new fuse box, and the list goes on for miles and miles (unlike my truck, which is back- firing and missing now (3rd or 4th time in shop) Now its a quest. Junk

Favorite Features

Ford rules the interior on the crewcabs. Customers who buy crewcabs dont want 3rd door, clubcabs or extended cabs. They want supercrew cabs, the biggest selling point of my purchase. Controls are big and user friendly. Exteriors are really nice too.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify designs with the least amount of parts,sensors,etc./go old school design"with what works"and what federal emmissions will allow. Customers would rather pay a little more than to compromise dependability. Ford needs to take a chance.

A big truck
By turkeymon

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a big truck with a lot of room inside. The fuel mileage really surpised me. I am getting 20+ mpg on the highway. I have the 5.4 motor, which has plenty of power for what I do. It is a great looking truck.

Favorite Features

The large interior. The fuel mileage for a large truck. The exterior profile.

Suggested Improvements

More stylish interior and softer back seat.