2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
4dr 4x4 F-250
By don carson on 05/26/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Most dependable and comforable and powerful truck I've ever owned. I have owned 5 Dodge trucks and 6 Chevrolet trucks. Wish I would have bought a Ford F-250 6.0 diesel before now.

If you want to move the heaven and earth
By SooperDooty on 05/19/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to tow my 5th wheel RV. I've towed with several Expeditions in the past, this is my first diesel! Kudo's to Ford, the top selling pickup in the world...why? Because it gives you what you want a truck for. Towing, working, playing, great performance, great quality, no problems, reliable and good fuel economy! Try towing a 11,000 lb trailer with a Honda or Toyota! Not! All I've had to do as far as maintainance is oil changes, fluid changes, tires, batteries, etc. No reliability issues what so ever. Truck looks great, accelerates like a bull charging a matador, and gets twice the mileage as the Expedition I used to tow with. Seats 6 full size adults, too!

Get Extended Warranty
By John Urby on 02/19/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After initial warranty period lapsed, I experienced several major repairs. Air conditioner ($1,500) compressor and related equipment because the front of the compressor popped off. Replaced left front wheel assembly due to grinding noise ($1,500). Oxygen sensor on exhaust went out and computer has been readjusted a couple of times. Diesel Engine (6.0) is strong, but not fuel efficient. Would recommend the purchase of an extended warranty to protect your investment. I would purchase Ford F250 again.

Read This
By familyguy129 on 04/10/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my truck. I bought it used as a company truck. I love the truck it is really different from the half ton GMC sierra that I was driving. My Ford is clean and looks good. It has so much power. It is quiet and does not run like a diesel. It has great pick up. I pull a large tool trailer and a large trailer usually loaded with lumber. It pulls these trailers with no problem. I often forget I even have a trailer hooked up. I love my 4X4. It has gotten me out of several sticky situations. I added some after market BF Goodrich dueller a/t tires it really looks good. I ride high and get to see things that I never would have seen in my half ton.

great truck
By redwood forester on 10/19/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Average just over 18 MPG; as a forester I tow very little. Mostly small city/ hilly driving. Have had no problems with the truck. My biggest gripe is the terrible turning radius, something I need out in the mountainous forests where I work.

F 250 Gas
By Rhino on 08/16/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck overall. Diesel would be better, could not justify price increase.

Dumped by a diesel
By Frustrated WNY on 07/22/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 6.0L diesel, nothing but trouble; 6 injectors,1 turbo charger and exhaust tube, wiring problems at my expense now along with EGR valve, and continual door latch problems along with weather molding problems. Seems sad Ford in Detroit acknowledges problems but has no fix; told me not to drive it too much! More shopping around coming up - have had Fords for 30+ years, NO MORE. Cannot hold 65- 70mph speeds without engine shutter, no problems found by techs, and not the tires either!

Don't buy one you will be sorry
By Ralph on 07/01/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second lemon Ford pickup I have bought and it will be the last I lost thousands of dollars on the first one, a 1983 F150; bad engine 3000 miles - in shop most of the first year I owned it or should I say it owned me. Ford was indifferent to my pleas for help then and things have not changed a bit. In 2004 bought F250 Harley Davidson model. Broke down on road first 400 miles. Been down hill ever since than with a laundry list of problems a/c blows on windshield whenever it has the mind to. Transmission slips out of gear in first, When fuel applied it bangs back hard enough to rattle your teeth. Bad tire on truck - Ford points finger at Goodyear , Goodyear points finger at Ford.

Sensei Yondan
By HarleyDavidson ed on 05/15/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I enjoy the Harley edition, Get many compliments with the color scheme.

Expect Great Things ... For A While
By CalSurveyor on 08/25/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was everything I thought it would be. That is until the recall notices arrived. #1 was for a transmission problem that required the dealer to keep it for four valuable workdays. Following that visit, the "check engine" light was off and on intermittently. #2 visit was for a electrical harness problem. It required another four day visit to the dealer. Again, following that visit the "check engine" light was back on -- this time for good. When I called dealer, I was required to again take it in and leave it! Unbelievable. And to top it off - the only rental car available was a compact American car. Customer service means nothing to Ford once they've got your $$.