2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Only a Ford can be this Good
By fxoffroad on 08/30/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Writing this 4 years into ownership, I have to say I can't believe Ford can build such an outstanding product. My truck has been flawless - has never needed anything other than routine maintenance... which after 4 years has totaled around $1000.00.

THE truck to own
By Big Red One on 03/15/05 08:49 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Traded in a F-150 with the 4.2L V6 for a F-250 with 5.4L V8. Maybe a little underpowered for such a big truck but it is still very fun to drive. Fuel mileage is ok but not the greatest, probably the only reason I like having the V8 instead of the V10. Go with a diesel even though it costs a lot more.

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch on 01/21/05 05:37 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.

My truck
By MyFavorite on 11/07/04 10:36 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!

F-250 Super Duty Super Truck
By Mike Kline on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the 2nd F-250 Super Duty I have owned. I actually looked at GMC & Chevy 2500HD'S but could not find the set up in the color I wanted so I called a Ford dealer and they found several to match my desired truck. Needless to say I purchased the 250 and do not regret it at all.