Used 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Only a Ford can be this Good
By fxoffroad

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Writing this 4 years into ownership, I have to say I can't believe Ford can build such an outstanding product. My truck has been flawless - has never needed anything other than routine maintenance... which after 4 years has totaled around $1000.00.

Favorite Features

Build/Engine/Body quality. Great seats that make long journeys a joy... great pulling capabilities. Interior space is very spacious and functional. Sweet styling... which I like better than the 2008 models.

Suggested Improvements

Wish a sunroof would of been available in the extended cab... and that's it. Otherwise this truck rocks!

THE truck to own
By Big Red One

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Traded in a F-150 with the 4.2L V6 for a F-250 with 5.4L V8. Maybe a little underpowered for such a big truck but it is still very fun to drive. Fuel mileage is ok but not the greatest, probably the only reason I like having the V8 instead of the V10. Go with a diesel even though it costs a lot more.

Favorite Features

Interior superior to Dodge or Chevy. Power drivers seat makes for a comfortable drive, even in a big truck. So big and fun to drive, you'll feel like the king of the road.

Suggested Improvements

No V8 in the F-250 series. A little underpowered. Make the diesel a little more affordable.

Ford Service Stinks
By Tom Rauch

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2004 PSD F-250 has been in repair for 50% of the time with transmission and accelerator control problems, including an accident caused by loss of accelerator control. It has had a new wiring harness, two new computers, a rebuilt transmission, new accelerator pedal, engine sleeve, and other issues, and now needs a new transmission that Ford says will take 70 days to deliver. My F-250 SD has been a nightmare to own, and Ford has been virtually non-responsive to my complaints. Their customer interface stinks, to but it nicely. I almost never tow with this truck, never take it off road, and never abuse it, yet the transmission failed three times. Once minor, twice major.

Favorite Features

Quiet, nice interior, lots of power.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service. Better transmissions. Better parts availability. Get rid of electronic accelerator pedal and go back to a reliable cable system.

My truck
By MyFavorite

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!

Favorite Features

Interior quality much superior to Dodge or Chevy 2500 series trucks. Seems able to perform any task. Looks great! mine is Black/Silver accent/Aluminum wheels/black tonneau cover/tinted glass all the way around/white letter Pirelli's. I even get "nice truck" from drivers of other brands.

Suggested Improvements

Don't offer the 5.4 in a truck this big. A V-10 should be standard and the 6.0L diesel optional. Tighten up the steering response a little. It feels as though the front steering is connected to the steering wheel with a big rubber band. My F150 was much more responsive and easier to drive.

F-250 Super Duty Super Truck
By Mike Kline

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the 2nd F-250 Super Duty I have owned. I actually looked at GMC & Chevy 2500HD'S but could not find the set up in the color I wanted so I called a Ford dealer and they found several to match my desired truck. Needless to say I purchased the 250 and do not regret it at all.

Favorite Features

Camper Tow Mirrors, color, XLT Sport Package

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage