2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
very impressed
By top2002 on 05/17/05 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I shopped around and reviewed trucks for about six months and narrowed my choices down to two trucks, Ford and Toyota. I must say I really do not regret the decision. It looks great, is deceivingly fast, brakes work great, quiet and smooth. Toyota was underpowered and boring and Nissan had HP and nothing more, plus its as ugly as a Dakota. This F150 is perfect; at first I was worried about some forum stated vibration issues, but they seem to be taken care of for my '05. I love driving it and looking at and the interior is unbelievably luxurious. You really need to check this thing out.

Unbelievable truck
By FordTrkMan on 05/16/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an amazing piece of machinery. Every aspect of it is perfect, from the way it looks driving down the street to the way if feels as you drive it off road. If anyone is looking for a new pick up truck I would highly recommend the F-150. I have driven Chevy's, Dodge's, Toyota's, and the Nissan. None of them compare to the quality that Ford put into the F-150.

an awesome truck
By luis a gonzalez on 04/30/05 23:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck on 3/10/05 and I love it so far. Haven't taken it on any long trips yet, just daily commuting to work, shop, etc. Love the styling in and out, gas mileage so far is 16.5 mpg, not great but this is one big and heavy truck. Smooth, comfortable, and very quiet on the highway, good sounding radio, fit and finish is great. 300 hp v8 is more power than I'll ever need.

best way to travel
By linda criger on 04/28/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

With over 40,000 miles in one year we have tested it. No problems. Mileage is good, power is good, ride is the best. Drives perfect. If you want the best truck on the market and American made too, this is what you want to buy. Has a top rated crash test to protect you and your family. We have been to the east coast and the west coast each two times and never an ache or pain from riding. Not bad for being seniors.

faulty transmission
By John on 04/28/05 05:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second F150 Super Cab 4x4 King Ranch. The first one I really liked a lot, but this one has what I consider to be serious transmission problems. There is a very hard downshift at lower speeds accompanied by a very noticeable "clanking" noise. I am being told by Ford that this is "normal" for F150 series for the period 2000 through 2005. I simply refuse to buy that kind of excuse for not wanting to make the necessary repairs. My 2003 same model type NEVER had that problem. Road handing is poor, in my view. The ride is very noisy. The engine is sluggish at times.

Great Truck
By jamesa30 on 04/27/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

This is a great truck. It is very quiet inside at freeway speeds and the ride is very smooth for a truck. There is a perceived lack of power, but it's a truck that weighs something like 6,000 pounds, not a sports car. Same thing with gas mileage, a heavy truck, but it gets better mileage than the 2003 Land Rover Discovery that I had, so I'm not complaining.

Replaces the family car
By D.Gauthier on 04/16/05 10:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great for family vacations, or grocery shopping or going anywhere. I have the one with the top that covers the bed and i love it. It makes the truck look sportier and compares with an Avalanche. This vehicle replaces my minivan, yet i can haul anything I need to besides kids. It is also safer in an accident, in that I feel all passengers are safer.

dream
By Erik J on 04/05/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted such a truck . I was very impressed with the design, comfort and performance . I voided the warranty the first year with 37,000 miles. I was nervous at first but two years later and another 30,000 miles I am still impressed. Even a minor accident was fairly priced to fix.The ultimate family truckster. I use it for everyday,camping trips and small loads so far. I even pulled my friends 30 foot boat out of the lake (mud season) with ease. As it gets older it will be working harder. A must for the famly man with a house.

Blown Rear after 1100 miles = F150
By NotHappyWiffFord on 03/27/05 08:39 AM (PST)

The tilt steering wheel lever broke off after 400 miles. The rear end went, needed a clutch pack replacement after only 1,100 miles. I asked that the dealer where I purchased the truck clearly document the issues and resolutions in case I needed to pursue Lemon Laws. They then refused to work on the truck. Ford Motor company no help. I took the truck to another dealer to get it fixed (still lots of shudder / grinding / slipping) then traded it in on a Dodge. This truck cost me a lot of money. I only owned it for ten days.

Brakes
By dana on 03/24/05 13:43 PM (PST)

Good power at all speeds, brakes too spongy, interior very roomy, ride comfortable.