Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

This is a hauler, not a race car
By Zoomie

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good truck. I've had it six months and only one issue with a shock leaking when I first bought it. Dealer fixed promptly. Tows 8700 lbs! This is a bear in parking lots, a big, burly, beast. Comfortable cruiser that will take you anywhere, but not 0-60 in 3 secs. 4WD worked well in the snow, but I do wish Ford would invest in some additions like DRLs, auto 4WD, side airbags, satellite radio. Don't get me wrong, I love this truck, but I have to acknowledge it's shortcomings. I LOVE the motor, I can go anywhere and really appreciate the 4WD and I can hook up the trailer (~7k lbs) and it will accelerate uphill! But I think the shorter wheelbase contributes to a slight rocking.

V8, 4WD, 18" wheels, speed volume control, the rack and pinion gives great road feel, interior volume, but NO STORAGE! That's why I'm getting a bedcover.

I drool over the Avalanche for all its storage. Give us some storage options!

Great Truck!
By Dwain

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wasn't really planning to buy a F150, just looking around. Then a salesman came up and asks what I was looking for and I said maybe a truck. He then asks if I had time to take one out for a ride. Yes I do! So I took this (my) F150 King Ranch out for a spin. Love at first ride. The interior was all leather and it definitely had all the bells and whistles. So I brought it right off the lot! Took a trip from Texas to Georgia. Average at 70 mph between 19.8 to 20.5 mpg. I was happy with that considering that this is a big truck. It can cruse at 80 mph or above easier that you may think! Don’t take one for a test drive because your old truck will be jealous and worried! LOL.

Moon roof, 6 disk CD player and it plays MP3 too, Leather heated seats, Heated mirrors, seat and pedal with button memory adjustment, 3.55 rear end for the gas mileage, Too many to list.

Cant think of anything right now!

WORST F-150
By CDF

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new 6 months ago and it has been in the shop 6 times so far. The dealer says they cannot fix the vibration in the rear end after 4 attempts. There have been several different problems. Some parts were not even installed (a/c hose - water was going in floorboard). I can not even get a loaner vehicle while it is being repaired but 2 times. It has currently been at the dealership about 36 days and counting. I'm waiting on a buy-back or replacement. I also have a claim with the BBB AutoLine.

The only thing this truck had going for it is the appearance and the interior features.

Anything but what I've got would be an improvement.

Love the Lariat
By Mark

Have had this truck for almost a year now with no problems. I love driving it! It has plenty of power, size and I love the best in class towing ability. It is not as fast as the Titan or the Ram, but hey, I wanted a truck, not a race car. The added safety of the extra steel in the construction more than makes up for it. No disposable truck here!

Love the Audiophile system, heated seats and room for six. Towing ability has been a big plus.

Make the reverse obstacle sensor standard because it is hard to see over the tall box.

Great Truck!
By david

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks, this one is the best. The interior is getting better with age! Wish Ford could make an F-150 that gets 30mpg. My stock would go up and 20,000 people could still have jobs. Ford, It's all about mileage to play in today's world.

The interior of the truck. The King Ranch seats get softer with use.

Gas mileage. Alternate fuels etc. Truck is great.