Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

WORST F-150
By CDF

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new 6 months ago and it has been in the shop 6 times so far. The dealer says they cannot fix the vibration in the rear end after 4 attempts. There have been several different problems. Some parts were not even installed (a/c hose - water was going in floorboard). I can not even get a loaner vehicle while it is being repaired but 2 times. It has currently been at the dealership about 36 days and counting. I'm waiting on a buy-back or replacement. I also have a claim with the BBB AutoLine.

Favorite Features

The only thing this truck had going for it is the appearance and the interior features.

Suggested Improvements

Anything but what I've got would be an improvement.

Love the Lariat
By Mark

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this truck for almost a year now with no problems. I love driving it! It has plenty of power, size and I love the best in class towing ability. It is not as fast as the Titan or the Ram, but hey, I wanted a truck, not a race car. The added safety of the extra steel in the construction more than makes up for it. No disposable truck here!

Favorite Features

Love the Audiophile system, heated seats and room for six. Towing ability has been a big plus.

Suggested Improvements

Make the reverse obstacle sensor standard because it is hard to see over the tall box.

Great Truck!
By david

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks, this one is the best. The interior is getting better with age! Wish Ford could make an F-150 that gets 30mpg. My stock would go up and 20,000 people could still have jobs. Ford, It's all about mileage to play in today's world.

Favorite Features

The interior of the truck. The King Ranch seats get softer with use.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Alternate fuels etc. Truck is great.

Great Truck
By SteveInVirginia

We bought our Ford F-150 Lariat 4 X 4 in December. We utilize the vehicle for hauling kids and around town use in addition to hunting and fishing excursions.

Favorite Features

Interior Design. Love the leather, DVD, seat warmers and easy access to everything. The auto adjustment seat is great for couples who share.

Suggested Improvements

Larger engine. The vehicle is a bit underpowered with most torque at the very low end. Have not even come close to meeting any of the fuel estimates. We will see what happens at 10K miles. The shift on the fly 4WD needs improvement in handling characteristics. Mushy when steering.

2005 SuperCrew
By Scott

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years and this is by far the best all around truck I've ever owned. The interior is top notch quality that rivals my wife's luxury SUV (I won't mention what brand, but it's a direct competitor). The 5.4 Triton offers the power I need, yet still gets very respectable gas mileage. Trucks I've owned in the past have always been weekend warriors, but this truck is my everyday driver, just because it's so much fun to drive. Its handling characteristics are very well mannered for a truck. This is my second Ford in 7 years and I haven't had any problems in 7 years. I will probably be a Ford owner for a long time to come.

Favorite Features

I love the quiet interior and striking good looks of the exterior. Looks are bold without going over the top like all the other truck makers on the market that are trying to break the mold by seeing who can come up with the most chopped up body lines and the most backward looking headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic has very tall gear ratios between gears. Offer a 5 speed automatic and throw the 4 speed automatic away. The rest of the truck is perfect.