2005 Ford F-150 XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F-150 FX4
By JLA on 02/03/05 00:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a do all type truck. It has the looks of a luxury SUV on the inside and the rugged go anywhere 4WD look on the outside. It serves as a pseudo "mom-mobile" but dad still looks cool towing a boat. And if you need to haul a load of anything it does the job as long as it is not too big.

my truck
By harold mann on 02/03/05 00:27 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Everything about my truck I love, except where they put the window handle. I didn't like reaching down so far to roll the window down. I ended up putting power windows on it so I wouldn't have to.

I love my Truck
By s keith on 02/02/05 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Over all I really enjoy driving my F150. It has a very short turning radius which makes it a breeze in the parking lot or tight turns. It has excellent acceleration and very comfortable seats. Also the quarter windows make pulling out into traffic easy with the extra view.

Impressive,Tough F-150
By Mattys150 on 02/02/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very impressive, from the exterior style down to the console shift transmission. Very throaty V8 power with smooth shifting and quiet riding and superior handling. Leather seat and driver controls very convenient and classy style make this truck very fun to drive each and every time, and the best part is power windows in the upercab that feel nice on a warm summer day. Lift assist tailgate very handy for doing work and great towing power for my 32 foot camper. I have nothing negative to say about this truck. Keep up the good work Ford!

SuperCab SuperQuiet SuperRoomy SuperTuff
By brokeanddumb on 02/02/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It's the quietest truck on the market. The bulkhead between you and the engine is "quiet steel". It really works. The engine is a masterpiece. 300hp and 365 lbs ft of torque. More important, 80% of that torque is available at 1000 rpm. Extended cab rear seating has always been a compromise, but I can sit quite comfortably if someone my size is driving. The frame is the strongest in the business. It's the only truck to receive dual 5 star safety ratings. Also the only truck to pass the offset crash test. I've put on as much as 600 miles in a day. Comfy! Steering is tight. I like that. Same goes for handling. I had an '03 and loved it, but this new truck raises the bar.

Ford's always been the best
By Lucky Lady on 02/02/05 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my 2005 for 2 weeks, but it's not the first Ford truck I've owned. I've always found Ford trucks to be reliable, comfortable and able to handle any task I've asked them to perform. So far I'm very satisfied with my new truck and excited about the many adventures that are going to come my way. Of course, with it being a Texas Edition with all the extra chrome, it gets a lot of second looks. LOVE IT!

I love it
By joe pal99 on 02/02/05 23:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It is the smoothest truck I have ever driven.The power, the handling, the turning radius are all real sharp. Extremely quiet also.

Loving My Ford Truck
By truckgirl on 02/02/05 22:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a '97 F150 regular cab to purchase the new one. It had been a great vehicle so the decision to replace it with another Ford was fairly easy. We did however, look at and test drive other vehicles. The Titan was no comparison. The Dodge was nice but overall the ride quality and interior comfort far out weighed the Dodge. There is much more room in the backseat for one thing. The ride is smoother, the new suspension system is great. I love my new Ford truck!

Great Truck
By Teresa24j on 02/02/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the interior and exterior of this truck. It has a lot of room and convenience features. This is make my second F-150 which I still own, and they are really good dependable trucks. It really rides very smooth to be a 4X4. I would definitely purchase another.

My Experience
By Larry Lewis on 02/02/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with not only the comfort, but also with the noise level in the cab. It is quiet. I have the large engine which gives me plenty of power and not too bad of gas mileage. Only thing I wish now I had gotten the leather seats.