2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Heaven
By Kim White on 04/07/05 03:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! I had an Expedition before this truck and no comparison. Much more power. It pulls my 3 horse trailer (with no electric brake hooked up) like a dream. Love the interior with the gear shift in the center.

1 month review
By mharrye on 04/06/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Although I average 1,500 miles per month, I have put 4,000 miles on this one in the first month because it is fun to drive. Quiet interior and excellent handling have been pleasant surprises - I have never before driven trucks that came close. My other vehicle is a BMW 3 Series so my fun to drive comparison is not against something shabby. The only real reason I now find for using the Bimmer is fuel economy. Sure the F-150 cannot compare with the BMW on acceleration, but I can't say the truck is a real dog, something I had expected from reading reviews. Instead my problem is trying to keep it reined in. High speeds come quickly and unexpectedly due to the quiet and the ride.

F-150 - Great Trurk
By Big Dawg on 04/04/05 23:16 PM (PDT)

While shoping for a new truck, I looked at everyone's and drove them all. The F-150 has it all, looks, great ride, comfort, heavy duty, and great price. Its overall weight is more than the other half tons; however that weight makes for one tough truck that will translate into years of outstanding service. Great job Ford.

Front Brake Problems
By David Anglin on 03/27/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I experienced problems when the dealership rotated my tires. They over torqued my wheels and caused warping in the rotors. From that point forward it has been a nightmare. They even suggested it was my driving! Well now in the 4th return, Ford has come up with an updated rotor. So now the truth comes out. But just before this they were going to make me pay for repairing their mistakes. I just question their honesty and integrity.

Just crazy about FORDS!
By Peter B on 03/25/05 23:48 PM (PST)

I have owned 6 F150's and this 2004 FX version is by far the best of all. Very quiet on the road; plenty of power for passing and superb ride comfort. This is basically a tow vehicle for hauling my 4000 lb. boat with the greatest of ease. The truck has a 3:55 rear axle for decent fuel economy and a 8300 lb. tow capacity. Only 4,000 miles on the truck so far and not one problem. I highly recommend this truck to anyone seeking a fantastic piece of American engineering.

Fun, Sturdy, Safe truck
By Michelle on 03/24/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got my F150 in December and last month I got into a bad accident where my truck was totalled. The truck flipped onto its side and skidded down the road for a bit, but i was not injured at all. I walked away from the accident with one little scratch. Even though my F150 flipped, I got another one because i feel very safe in my truck. If i had not been in my F150 who knows what would have happened. I probably would not have walked away. Thank you Ford for building such a sturdy and safe truck that is fun to drive and enjoyable to look at!

2005 F150 SuperCab 4x4 4.6L
By Rick on 03/21/05 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 3 Audi's in the past and this truck trumps them in ride comfort and quietness. I've put 3,000 miles on it so far (Michigan winter) and am amazed on how stable it rode in snowy/icy conditions. No squeaks or rattles of any kind either. Ford spent a lot of money on developing this truck and it shows.

Best F-150 Yet
By Michael on 03/14/05 21:13 PM (PST)

This is my 3rd F-150 since 1998 and each one just gets better. The ride is car like and interior better than most cars. The new exterior design is very attractive and packaged right, (I got the Texas package). Looks and feels good. Ford always seems ready to deal at the right price. I saved thousands over what Dodge or Chevrolet would even talk and got more truck. Size feels like a F-250 with the nimbleness of the 150. The quality keeps getting better. This is the best truck yet.

Beautiful Truck
By Charlie Stewart on 03/13/05 20:40 PM (PST)

I knew I wanted this truck before I left the dealer's lot. The ride is unmatched. I bought a 2001 Toyota Tundra and thought it couldn't get any better. This truck says it can.

Problems with truck
By Rick D on 03/11/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Starting out, I do love my truck just have had problems with it. Transmission went in it at 22,000 miles. A/C is getting ready to be worked on because truck dies out. Just have had too many problems with this truck.