Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

drive train vibratin' 3 valve knockn' junk
By David Quinn

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a loyal Ford brand buyer since '65; 23 units to date. My new 150 SuperCab 5.4 is a drivetrain vibrating 3 valve knocking nightmare. The dealer has had the vehicle on three separate occasions with excuses that started with the tires and now says a counter balance is needed to reduce (?) the vibration. I do not care if they changed driveshaft vendors and are having problems. I want a drivetrain that turns true. Period! The new 3 valve setup runs rougher than corn cob. The dealer blames it own Mother Ford and says the techies have not come up with a patch for the computer program that runs the darn thing without disturbing the tranny. I am in shock, mourning and complete disbelief.

Favorite Features

The new design is great. The interior is ergonomically correct. The seats are firm. The gauge cluster is easy on the eye.

Suggested Improvements

Stop whining & lying to your loyal customer base. Step up to the plate and fix the drivetrain problem now! Go back to the other vendor. Get rid of this new vendor's product. It don't work. the 5.4 3 valve computer problems must be solved now. GET BUSY!

Glad it's only a lease
By Rick Casorio

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One more year to go on the lease then I'm done with Ford. Never get the 4.6L V8, way underpowered. Never buy one with the General Tires, noisiest tire on the planet. Hope you can overcome the electronic throttle lag when you push the gas. Hope you don't buy one like I did that the transmission fried at 12,000k because some seal blew connecting the transmission to the transfer case. Ford doesn't put "new" transmissions in anymore, just rebuilts. And this rebuilt one has been serviced 2 times already and it still doesn't run right. Expect 12mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer. Only owned 2 Fords in my lifetime and both have been a disappointment. This is it! Pity too because I get the Ford Discount.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Quit looking for the cheapest suppliers to build your products, it shows. Improve reliability and by all means go back to a throttle cable.

Surprisingly high quality!
By Shinbo

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my very first truck that I have ever purchased. After researching and test driving all the competitors (Silverado, Ram, Tundra), I have absolutely no regrets about buying an F-150. The body style is attractive and burly. Ride is quite comfortable, and the overall quality just surpasses everything that I was expecting.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. 5.4L V8 never feels like it's lacking power. Factory Roush package (20" wheels, billet grille, chrome running boards, upgraded suspension).

Suggested Improvements

A more sophisticated factory security system. Handles to help rear passengers get into the truck.

love my truck
By brian

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love having a truck that is so luxurious; it turns heads whereever I go. The interior and exterior design are flawless.

Favorite Features

Instrument cluster, 5.4 ltr V8, and overall style.

Suggested Improvements

Bed liner and leather seats that are all leather, not a piece of leather for the seat portion and the remainder is vinyl.

Awesome
By Phil71185

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked it up last week and all I can say is wow. I already loaded my 4-wheeler in it and took it out hunting with me. It had no problem at all climbing any of the hills or going down the logging trail that my 2001 Nissan had. It's also a lot better on gas than I thought it would be. 250 miles on it so far and just a little under half a tank left. Would recommend it to anyone. It's one awesome truck.

Favorite Features

Extremely large center console and in dash cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

Onboard 120v outlets.