Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My FX4
By jcart

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Handles extremely well. 4x4 is responsive and pulling great.

Interior cab and reliability.

Better throttle response and horses.

Flying FX-4
By j.m.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK! I currently have 17743 miles on this truck, and so far so good. The performance is great; I get 16 miles to the gallon up the turnpike with my quad trailer on the back loaded with 4 quads and 2 dirt bikes, plus our 6000 pound camper trailer is barely felt on it. My friend has a Dodge with the hemi, sure the hemi is quick but that truck is a tin can, mine is a bank vault. No problems except the 6 cd changer has been replaced twice, but the Audiophile system is awesome. I have an 02 Continental as well that was supposed to be my car for cruising in but the truck is more comfortable. Way to go Ford for designing such good driving characteristics into such a beast!

The handling is awesome, Have yet to get stuck off road in it, the Audiophile sound system is wonderful and my friends love the dvd player in the overhead console! ROOMY. Oh and that 5.4 liter 3 valve v8 is great.

The only thing I'd say to do is install grab handles for the people getting into the back (SuperCabs do not have them, I dunno why) and I love the 4x4 system but there should be a setting for full time all wheel drive.

My 6th Ford Truck!
By Ford Family AR

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Hey Folks! In our family our 4 door 2005 F150 is called Big Daddy. It has quickly become our daily driver due to its comfort, power, and ease to drive. We almost fight over the keys to see who gets to drive it. It has the 5.4L engine which gets OK MPG, has plenty of room for five adults or two cowboys and lots of gear. We pull horse trailers and it never even shifts down pulling hills. We love our Ford F150 and when this one gets 250,000 miles we will replace it with another Ford F-150!

This truck has an all new interior which is much more ergonomic than the last. More cup holders, better sound system and plenty of storage make it a favorite. The V8 has plenty of power and the long wheelbase offers a smooth ride. WE LOVE OUR FORD!

The only thing that needs to be changed on this truck is the jack offered. Ours twisted when we used it and then broke. Lucky for us we had people following us to the next rodeo. Everything else has been 100% on target for these cowboys.

My F-150
By No Name

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Don't like the limited use guidelines when in 4 wheel drive on pavement. Steering while in 4 wheel drive binds up a bit when in tight turns. MPG has averaged 12.5 - 12.7.

Cabin is spacious, very nice ride, front visibility is good. Overall it's a 9 in my opinion.

Better MPG in big V8. As with Chevy, an automatic 4 wheel drive option as well as 4 high & 4 low.

great truck
By bud

Nice truck but I needed a new engine at 3,000 miles and Ford wanted me to pay for a rental. Constant clunking from the tranny. Oh and good luck changing the spark plugs as they snap off in the head.

Interior.