Used 2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I LOVE IT
By David760

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck, im pretty much an expert, basically, the shocks make it have a smooth ride, there is a feature in the front that absorbs shock from an accident, the braking was designed excellently, the truck puts out 80% of its peak torqe at only 1,000 RPM, making pulling heavy loads from a dead stop easier, and it has a quiet ride so you dont have to hear someone elses music at a stoplight. I would reccomend the 2004 Ford F-150 to anyone!

Outboard shocks, Safety, speed, performance.

8 Ft. Bed available in 5.4 Lt. v8.

Ford enginereed the 2004 FX4 perfectly
By Beenie

I have to tip my hat to the engineers that designed the 2004 FX4 regular cab truck. I have bought a lot of new vehicles over the years, and this is the best designed vehicle I have bought. You may not believe it, but it is better designed and the quality is as good, if not better than the brand new 1976 Corvette I bought years ago. This is an AWSOME TRUCK. This is the vehicle I've waited for. If you test drive it, you will most likely buy it. This truck is not the old and boring style that Ford stuck with for too many years and it is also nice to have that H/P we had in the late 60's-early 70's. Ford proved to me it made the best truck this year!

I love the interior look of the truck. You're engineers did an excellent job. All of of your engineers did an excellent job . Again, it is an AWSOME TRUCK. You finally gave a good truck the look it needed. You stepped up!

NONE!! ..... If you think some Ford employee wrote this review to give Ford such an excellent review, that it not the case. I have been an 18 wheeler driver for over 30 years, and I have learned to know a good vehicle when I see one.

Ed's Truck
By Edmund Paha

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck, Like the engine, bedsize, tow package and new regular cab design

5.4 Liter eng

Best Truck I've owned to date
By kjkeller

2004 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice smooth quiet ride,Plenty of power with the 4.6 v8,great gas milage 18mpg

standard CD sounds great too standard tilt steering

I just wanted a new truck!
By landlord

I have been driving a Toyota Tacoma and it was fine but I wanted a larger full size truck. I gave the Toyota to my daughter and went truck shopping. I test drove a reg. cab Tundra but every thing on a Toyota is now an option-I am surprised they come painted. I found the F150 with the eight foot bed to be what I wanted. As soon as I saw it I knew I would be buying that truck. The one I bought had the trailer towing package installed-I didn't have to spend a weekend putting a hitch on it. It also came with limited slip axle, may never need it but its there if I do. I took it back to have the dealer install the factory type cruise control.

Whats not to like, the interior is functional the exterior is sharp. The eight foot bed will hall all kinds of bulky cargo.

I don't know of any, some people think the 4.6 is under powered but it's as much power as I need.