Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Worst Ford I ever owned
By kinnstreet

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have only 90 on this after buying it fresh off the showroom floor. I can't believe that Ford would allow such a mess. So many things have gone wrong and cost me money on a brand new truck even before 70k miles I can't even begin to list them all, however the other reviews pretty much say it all. My father and I have owned Ford trucks our whole lives.... My next truck will be a RAM, and my son will also be buying either RAM or foreign. Way to go Ford, you broke a family tradition of over 50 years of owning Ford Trucks.

Favorite Features

It was decent in snow and rain with good stability, but this truck, is a pos.

Suggested Improvements

So many cheap parts used on this that broke before 70k it would be hard to know where to begin.

best and worst truck i ever owned
By marknkim444

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

04 f150 5.4 i love the looks of this truck. i love the drive and comfort of this truck, unfortunately i will probably never ever buy a ford again. This truck will cost you a fortune to keep\. first of all everything on this motor will tick or clack at some point. the cam phasers will without a doubt cost you 1800 to fix once or twice. Thank heavens they are 100000 mile spark plugs because they will cost you a min. of 800 to change. Ford will not even think about helping you with all the ticking until your factory or aftermarket warranty runs out.This was my fourth and last ford.

Engine Problem
By Eric

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 XLT 5.4 Crew Cab something in the engine broke around 77,800mi when I was doing about 45mph. Tow it to the dealership to have them look at it. They believe the crank broke because it does not turn. The dealership contacted Ford to see about help with the problem and Ford said out of warranty its their problem. New engine thru Ford around $5,000 then labor it would cost $7,400. I also talked to the reginal rep. for Ford that takes care of Gorno Ford and she said you're out of warranty. I told her that I know I am out of warranty but I should get more then 78,000mi after spending over $32,000 dollars. I ask to talk to her boss and said she has no boss to answer to. FORD TOUGH

Favorite Features

Looks good sitting in my backyard, to bad I can't drive it. If I knew I had to spend $40,000 in six years I would have brought a F-350 or Hummer

Suggested Improvements

Work with their customer to fix problems that are major like this and it should not matter if you do your own oil changes. The dealer charges over $30.00 and thats for 5qt of oil. Buy Motorcraft oil 7qt and filter for around $18.00. Do the math when money is tight.

Ford That Has Done It's Job
By F150 Crew Cab4WD Sty

This truck has been most of the time a pleasure to own. Now have 256,000 miles on this truck. Has performed well with the exception of the famous spark plug issue. Dealer broke off two plugs had to pull head to repair. Very expensive experience. Dealer was not willing to accept the bulk of the expense. Have replaced rear axle seals. After this many miles should expect some repairs.

Favorite Features

Style comfort. On the road most every day in my job. Like extra room in back seat. Four wheel drive has been very helpful. Comfortable to drive. Heated seats great for a bad back.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a few cosmetics up grades. Lock on center console and glove box would be nice.

Sweet
By Scott

great truck! I have had zero problems on it and its up to 120000 miles the truck runs great and I have put it threw alot of junk. It does amazing in snow and I can count on it starting in - 30 degree temperatures. I will not get anything but another ford for my next vehicle, but i don't plan on it any time soon because this truck wont quit.

Favorite Features

Looks, Sweet shifter by the cupholders

Suggested Improvements

make a lariat crew cab with a 8 ft bed