1999 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
I love her!!
By alavacca on 12/23/14 11:45 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV

So I bought this truck after my Acura Integra was stolen. I decided I wanted to be higher up off the ground so I bought the 99 explorer. I absolutely loved the truck but I am 4 foot 10 so it was hurting my back. I decided to sell it for a smaller car. I sold the car to my fiance's old boss. Three weeks later my smaller car was totaled. His ex boss kept the title and truck in the parking lot and it was never touched. After 3 months we offered to pay him back for it and he did. The truck was not started in 3 months (and it is very cold here) and she started right up!! She always started right up and never gave me an issue. I knew I could never part with this truck!

Oldie still going strong
By jenennis06 on 11/15/14 09:37 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I owe a 1999 Ford Explorer. I love my truck. I live where it snows a lot and it rolls over all of it with no issues. I has enough room for my family and our pets. I can easily say this is the best thing I have owned. Bought with a newer motor (under 20,000 miles on it) and it says it over 224,000 miles on the truck it's self. The engine runs smooth. Starts every time. Has some cosmetic rust. But I figure that's normal. Replaced normal wear and tear items. I bought a new radio by choice. With all the bad I find the good and would buy a Ford again.