2007 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: AC Seat?

2007 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

AC Seat?
By Ticktuktick on

2007 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I got this limited Expedition in the winter time. I like the drive, the style and the convenience of the truck until it turns to the first summer. Many people like the AC seats. That was one of my main reasons to choose this. With a long drive, this seat does not feel cool at all. I took it to the dealer to check it up. They said it is normal. I measured the temperature with AC seat on for a 40- mile drive, the temp under my mid legs is 90 and the back is 94 and they are on the way up. Today, I just found out from a shop foreman, the cooled seats are not cooled by the AC unit like some other competitors do. They are in fact powered by the TE cooler. It is underpowered when the ambient is warm.

Power liftgate, fold flate 3rd row seats, invisible reverse sensors, fold in side mirrors

The AC seats is a misleading term. More powerful Thermal Electric Cooler is needed or get the AC air into the seats.