found on road dead
By kbajza on
2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV
I bought this car new, and a year into owning it, the 5 disk cd player broke, and wasnt covered under the warrenty. After six years, one of the coils had to be replaced, and 6 months later, another one had to be replaced. both times the repair bill was over $500. 6 months later an O ring had to be replaced and because they had to remove the gas tank to figure that out, the bill was about $600 (the o ring literally cost 25 bucks). Just last year, the transmission blew. Thankfully my mechanic felt like being creative and replaced the solenoid pack and that worked but again, over $500 in repairs. All in all, I've spent over 4000 replacing and repairing. Not worth buying.
Favorite Features
Its a shame this car was such a dud because the power and performance was amazing. The reason I held on to it for so long was because it was simply amazing to drive. Could make u turns better then some of my friends cars!!! The inside is extremely comfortable and the sound system was awsome.
Suggested Improvements
Better electonic wiring, better engine. I took exelent care of this car and it broke down more then it should have for its age and milage. Every repair was over $500.00 easily.
By masterhacker
on 05/18/11 05:38 AM (PDT)

how did you spend 500 for a ignition coil, a complete kit of 8 performance ones is like $210. and the cd player going out can happen on any car, the radio died in my grand prix, it happens. it seems to me like you need a better mechanich